Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot decided my car needed modifications this weekend- so they left me a custom-made scratch along the passenger side of my SLK.

The incident has left me looking for car security solutions beyond the built-in alarm, which does nothing to deter/resolve this kinda of thing.

Has anyone used or installed any of the available video-monitoring systems?

I've found a couple of mobile DVRs that could record from a tiny camera mounted perhaps between or under the rollbars. Also found this:
http://www.kcicommunications.com/mobile/teye.html
Which looks interesting, but kind of pointless hanging cameras form your mirror if the top is down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have a 5,000,000 volt generator in the boot, connected to a wire mesh mat on the ground alongside the car, and ask vandals to stand on that while they mutilate your SLK.

SLK = Surprise Lectro Kution

D

·
0 Posts
Ouch, hope the bodyshop can get rid of that without too much drama, is it down to the skin?

Do you park your car by your home? It might be easier to install something on the house itself instead of in the car.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Very sorry to see and learn of the incident. Where was the vehicle parked at when this happened?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was targeted- don't know who hates me. It was parked at my favorite watering hole- at the far end of the lot, away from foot traffic, between two employee's cars (don't have to worry about them coming or going).

My parking garage at home is pretty secure- gated, watched by cameras, and my spot is 4 levels up. I just want to be covered when I go anywhere. Call me paranoid.

It looks to be pretty deep. They really pushed in hard when they got to the door. Heading to the body shop in an hour for an estimate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a 5,000,000 volt generator in the boot, connected to a wire mesh mat on the ground alongside the car, and ask vandals to stand on that while they mutilate your SLK.

SLK = Surprise Lectro Kution
I read recently that Taser have a new projectile weapon- if I could afford a robotic turret with one of those, belive me, I'd have it installed tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
That really sucks. Not much else to say, other than I hope the offender was hit by the karma bus traveling at 70 MPH on his way home.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Sucks big time, and I can imagine you are absolutely gutted - best of luck at the body shop, I'm sure that they can make it right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.