Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just got the car, we needed to add navigation, we're command 20 so it was TomTom on the windscreen, becker in the glovebox or Google maps via carplay like the Toyota.

Long story short, I (had) fitted the IMI-1000 Apple car play box. Not the cheapest option but it is fully integrated and has camera feeds front and rear which we are going to add as my wife is very petite and is struggling with both front and rear visibility in this car.

So far so good, works well no crashes and very good sound quality. The only drawback is getting used to the rotary knob, I just keep pressing the screen. Did anybody upgrade the stock 5.8" screen to a bigger touch screen (with pictures)?

Steve

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,234 Posts
Having just got the car, we needed to add navigation, we're command 20 so it was TomTom on the windscreen, becker in the glovebox or Google maps via carplay like the Toyota.

Long story short, I (had) fitted the IMI-1000 Apple car play box. Not the cheapest option but it is fully integrated and has camera feeds front and rear which we are going to add as my wife is very petite and is struggling with both front and rear visibility in this car.

So far so good, works well no crashes and very good sound quality. The only drawback is getting used to the rotary knob, I just keep pressing the screen. Did anybody upgrade the stock 5.8" screen to a bigger touch screen (with pictures)?

Steve
I'm 6'2" and struggled to see the ends of the car. The correct seating position is very low and the shape of the car does not help. . Window sill was only just below my shoulder. Same situation in the SL.

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,692 Posts
The only drawback is getting used to the rotary knob, I just keep pressing the screen. Did anybody upgrade the stock 5.8" screen to a bigger touch screen (with pictures)?
There are 9", 10" or even larger Android screens that will also run Apple Carplay among other capabilities that some have added to their SLK.... quite a few threads already, but the one below is the most comprehensive.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quite liking the stock look...might look at the 7" screen if I can find the parts on ebay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts