Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the batteries in my car key fob as the last owner said they are nearly dead and now the key fob doesnt work with either old or new batteries. Anybody have any ideas how to fix

thanks mike

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
mike. do a search top right. i believe your manual tells you that you need to synch the keyfob after changing the batteries

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,387 Posts
See post by other member made today has directions on sych. the remote. depress the lock and unlock buttons at the same time twice with the remote eye aimed at car and then insert key into switch and turn to position 2 should do it.

·
96,657 Posts
teach a man to fish Chuck!

·
96,657 Posts
Yay!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi. I know this is a really post, but I'm having a similar issue. My one key fob was behaving badly a few weeks ago and I bought batteries. When I got back to the car, the remote was working, so I left it. Then today, it did the same thing so I put new batteries in it. It is still doing the same intermittent thing. I tried re-sync as above, but that didn't help. It's completely random when it decides to work. Any other ideas?

·
96,657 Posts
Hi. I know this is a really post, but I'm having a similar issue. My one key fob was behaving badly a few weeks ago and I bought batteries. When I got back to the car, the remote was working, so I left it. Then today, it did the same thing so I put new batteries in it. It is still doing the same intermittent thing. I tried re-sync as above, but that didn't help. It's completely random when it decides to work. Any other ideas?
Hi!

My idea is to move your post to its own thread out of this 6 year old thread for maximum exposure

Let us know :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts