Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 SLK I just bought is on a truck and on its way. This I am sure will be first of many questions I will have of the group.

I was wondering if anyone has had good luck with a particular type of car cover. There are so many to choose from. MB has an OEM with the Logo on the hood. Its NOAH fabric machine washable etc. I want something fairly easy to put on/take off without ripping. I have seen them at many different price points. I am inclined to go with OEM, but that is not always the way to go.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yep, that's what I got. Unfortunately I bought it from the dealer (before I knew about this forum).

It's a nice cover.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Same here, using the OEM on my 350, and quite happy with it. Car's parked under cover in the shop when I'm not in the US, and the cover provides excellent dust / debris protection.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I bought the NOAH Block-it by CoverCraft. It was custom made and took about a week for them to make it and ship. The package included car cover, storage bag (made of same material as the car cover), cable lock kit and gromet for antenna. I got it off this power-seller on ebay who i guess deals with Covercraft. I paid $198. Fits perfectly (like a glove) on my car and no complaints. I think OEM uses NOAHas well? If you want the sellers info on ebay, would be happy to pass it along....

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
My 2006 SLK I just bought is on a truck and on its way. This I am sure will be first of many questions I will have of the group.

I was wondering if anyone has had good luck with a particular type of car cover. There are so many to choose from. MB has an OEM with the Logo on the hood. Its NOAH fabric machine washable etc. I want something fairly easy to put on/take off without ripping. I have seen them at many different price points. I am inclined to go with OEM, but that is not always the way to go.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
My car cover review:
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/6560-slk-car-cover-review.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just bought the OEM Noah fabric cover for $179 + shipping on eBay. I had a cover made of the same material on my 67 Cobra, so I knew that was what I wanted again. It's not waterproof but then my SLK won't be out in much rain if I can help it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.