Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We are looking at fitting a new radio into our SLK230 R170 even though the original Mercedes unit holds 10 cd`s we are thinking of going with a mechless system, much easier to use an SD card rather than carry load of cd`s and or have our iPod in the car.
Thinking of buying this Pioneer MVH-8300BT RDS Tuner with Bluetooth, does anyone know anything about them or can suggest a similar unit.

Regards Chrissie R)

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
800 Posts
don't laugh, honest,don't

but I bought a Maxtech deckless unit from Aldi. I have run a 64gb card through it with no trouble at all ( if you don't mind serial access rather than random). it is powerful enough with the standard speakers, a piece of cake to fit, also takes a usb and 3.5mm jack input. All for the princely sum of £35.00.
They also do one of those flip up touch screen jobs for £99.00. but they don't do them all the time.
If I want to control the music more closely, I run my phone through it on a USB.>:D
I forgot to add it also has Bluetooth phone, and Bluetooth audio-streaming

·
Professional Troublemaker
257 Posts
I put an Alpine iDE-178BT in mine, Info on it can be found here. I bought it from Amazon.de, it was easy to install. It does not have a built-in CD player, I use BT streaming but it also has a USB port and the usual Apple Istuff integration.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but I bought a Maxtech deckless unit from Aldi. I have run a 64gb card through it with no trouble at all ( if you don't mind serial access rather than random). it is powerful enough with the standard speakers, a piece of cake to fit, also takes a usb and 3.5mm jack input. All for the princely sum of £35.00.
They also do one of those flip up touch screen jobs for £99.00. but they don't do them all the time.
If I want to control the music more closely, I run my phone through it on a USB.>:D
I forgot to add it also has Bluetooth phone, and Bluetooth audio-streaming
HI,

Thanks for that, our car has a Parrot Bluetooth fitted so not worried about hands free, more thinking of getting away with carrying loads of cds around.
The sd card is an excellent alternative. R)

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put an Alpine iDE-178BT in mine, Info on it can be found here. I bought it from Amazon.de, it was easy to install. It does not have a built-in CD player, I use BT streaming but it also has a USB port and the usual Apple Istuff integration.

Hi Thanks for that, we looked at the Alpine range but prefer something a little less blingy, less chrome and flashing screens etc.R)

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.