Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the car back from Rob at Needswings.com His work has been absolutely fantastic. He's tricked my car out with a better flowing intake, and exhaust. He installed a catch can and also teflon coated my intake manifold and valve covers. It then went over to Speedriven for a tune where they she dyno'd at 325HP and 345torque.

Rob has out done himself this time.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Badass! Any more details on the parts that were used and the pricing? Is that like a BMC filter? Is this a one-off thing or will he accepting taking orders? What about the V6 M272 engine?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Badass! Any more details on the parts that were used and the pricing? Is that like a BMC filter? Is this a one-off thing or will he accepting taking orders? What about the V6 M272 engine?
He's been developing parts for the Crossfire and slk32 and some of these parts are already offered by him. Check out his website www.needswings.com I've never actually seen the 350 engine, but if your intake is similar to the 55's it'll probably fit.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a interesting setup! Did you do a baseline pull before the mods?
Sadly no, that wasn't done, but my car was completely stock with leaky valve covers. (apparently a normal occurrence) So I'd say base line was probably in the 285 range like everyone else's has been. He's got a similar setup for the E55 and C32, and when he's done the flow tests he's been able to prove they do in fact flow better.

Steve, no I will be at the Dragon and the drag strip is just a waste of time. It's suppose to be 78 that day. I can't wait until you get to hear it though. It sounds amazing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sadly no, that wasn't done, but my car was completely stock with leaky valve covers. (apparently a normal occurrence) So I'd say base line was probably in the 285 range like everyone else's has been. He's got a similar setup for the E55 and C32, and when he's done the flow tests he's been able to prove they do in fact flow better.

Steve, no I will be at the Dragon and the drag strip is just a waste of time. It's suppose to be 78 that day. I can't wait until you get to hear it though. It sounds amazing.
Too bad you won't make it. I was stoked about seeing you lower your ET from what I believe was a 12.7. The 55 is definitely no slouch, especially after getting some modding love. I'm sure Rob would really like you to hit the track also. :)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts

Shame, would have really been curious - I can understand decent returns on an FI car, but really surprised to see such a jump on an NA motor (285 to 325).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.