Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a nice spot of sunshine in the UK at the moment and i,ve come across dilema.............Usually I wear sunglasse for driving , but with the top down the sun is quite intense and i,ve resorted to wearing a baseball cap and glasses
I,m curious to know what folks use ?

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I've never been a fan of sunglasses so I wear a baseball cap if it gets too much to have no eye protection. The other reason for the cap is to protect the top of my head from burning as my hair is cropped very short.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate caps also but over ther weekend the sun was comng in over the top of my glasses and my head was getting hot...........
Any news on the other thing ?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,843 Posts
silly me spoilsport gonna move this to off topic as it is not slk (non model) related. just doing my job!

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Always both here in (generally sunny) Southern California. I don't have a mop of hair on my head, and what's left on top does not do a good job of preventing some painful situations as it blows in the wind. ;)

·
Super Moderator - DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Sunglasses....

Even when the weather's not too great!!!

Cheers
Sean

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Cap and sunglasses. The sunglasses are to help my eyes, the cap helps to reduce the glare off my head... :)

Gotta think about fellow motorists, wouldn't want them being blinded by the glint off me bonce..

Actually, with my skin type which is the burn-and-peel variety, I do have to be a bit careful with the top-down. So cap on and for longish trips, long sleeves or at least some factor 30+. Otherwise my forearms just bake..

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Cap and sunglasses when top is down. Tip, when it is raining try wearing sunglasses as it will improve vision of the road. Cuts the glare from the rain, yes top up.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Cap (currently baseball style, but looking for an "irish" driving cap in the right hues - my Dad used to wear one) and sunglasses. Very much necessary for glare as mentioned and also the growing solar panel on top of my head....

Purepearl - there are some ladies tennis caps with a bit shorter brim that might suit you.

Regarding glasses - you should wear glasses with UV protection (your eyes can also be "sunburned"). ChuckB is correct, some tints do help cut the haze etc even in cloudy conditions.

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Sunglasses , allways , even in winter & rain , cap as well , but only as a last resort !

" Irish "driving hat , what's that then ???

( sorry for the sterotype , but I couldn't resist , jeje ! )

·
Premium Member
17,683 Posts
My hair is about as thick as the hair on a frog. Always have a ball cab on then the top is down.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,807 Posts
In the hot Florida sun...ALWAYS sun glasses with UV protection.

I'm incognito with a baseball cap and sun glasses when my hair is a mess and I have no makeup on.:eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Transition sun&correction glasses, those that turn darker the sunnier it is...work better if the top is down since they need direct sunlight...the mid-shades make me look like a 60s millionaire like Onassis, but so comfortable that it's never too dark or too bright.

Have plenty of hair but could benefit from a hat...any alternatives to baseball caps???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts