Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
Kelvin, frankly the ONLY thing I don't like about where we live.......is the way people drive! Remember, we have been there just two years now and used to the fast pace of the Peninsula and Silicon Valley. Maybe it's the "beach life", but these people just drive too slow! They poke along without a care in the world and it makes me crazy. I even park my daily driver far away where no one else is at the time and low and behold, when I return, someone is right up next to me.....with many spaces on either side.

Crazy huh?????

·
Registered
623 Posts
I belong to another forum(TundraTalk) and there is a long thread with pictures of this type of parking

·
Registered
627 Posts
First of all this poor dude is driving a F-350. You should seriously start thinking of increasing the size of the parking spots in the US. Remember those obnoxious trucks like the F-150 are the most sold vehicle in the US.

More seriously I can't imagine the size of the dent on the SLK if the guy is not careful opening is door.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Kelvin, frankly the ONLY thing I don't like about where we live.......is the way people drive! Remember, we have been there just two years now and used to the fast pace of the Peninsula and Silicon Valley. Maybe it's the "beach life", but these people just drive too slow! They poke along without a care in the world and it makes me crazy. I even park my daily driver far away where no one else is at the time and low and behold, when I return, someone is right up next to me.....with many spaces on either side.

Crazy huh?????
that happens a lot and to more than SLKs

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
First of all this poor dude is driving a F-350. You should seriously start thinking of increasing the size of the parking spots in the US. Remember those obnoxious trucks like the F-150 are the most sold vehicle in the US.

More seriously I can't imagine the size of the dent on the SLK if the guy is not careful opening is door.
Have to disagree; make spaces smaller and relegate these behemoths to a special section of the lot at it's far perimeter, where spaces are sized for trucks, SUVs, and RVs. Best-selling or not, they are a menace to better and smaller machines.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts

Nothing poor about the F-350, it can cost more than a brand new SLK350. I am not sure what the obsession is with huge pick-up trucks in America. I understand if you own or work in construction business but half if not more drive these huge trucks and work in an office cubicle. It seems like they really like to park close small sports cars.

Here is a solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts