Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my top (along with my speedo and cruise control) hasn't worked since I bought the car back in april, and I'm still working on figuring out what is causing it. While I was looking in the trunk tonight, I noticed a part just freely hanging on the upper passenger side of my trunk. I don't know what I'm looking at, but I know it's different from the same part on the driver's side. I'm hoping it may begin to help me figure this stupid top issue out.

Can anyone shed some light on 1) what I'm looking at, 2) why it's freely hanging like it is, and 3) how to fix it?

first two pictures are the passenger side, third picture is of the driver's side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Picture of my trunk

Tim,

Here's a picture of my trunk. It looks like that piece needs to be connected. I bet once you get that connected you should be able to open it with the method I described to you in a previous email :).

Let me know if you need any other pictures of the trunk area.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I haven't yet figured out how to get it back on the bar it's supposed to be on, I'm going to try and manually lower the top and see if it's possible to do it that way

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.