Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

It’s that time of year again where the local highways mandate winter tires so I was thinking I’d try and find a spare set of wheels and buy some new winter rubber to mount them onto.

Can anyone tell me if there’s any other Mercedes wheels that are a direct bolt on to the R171 SLK55 AMG? Been browsing the classifieds for a few weeks and have seen loads but none but specific to my model.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered 2008 SLK 350
2,241 Posts
Hi all,

It’s that time of year again where the local highways mandate winter tires so I was thinking I’d try and find a spare set of wheels and buy some new winter rubber to mount them onto.

Can anyone tell me if there’s any other Mercedes wheels that are a direct bolt on to the R171 SLK55 AMG? Been browsing the classifieds for a few weeks and have seen loads but none but specific to my model.

Thanks in advance!

Generally speaking, every 17 or 18" rim from a W203 C-class,W209 CLK or R170 SLK should be a straight bolt on to your R171. Maybe even W202 rims, not 100 % sure.
Check this site https://www.mercedes-benz.de/passengercars/being-an-owner/reifen-und-raeder/rad-und-reifenkombinationen.module.html
It is in German but it lists all by MB approved rim/tyre combinations for almost all MB models.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
Thanks but I’m in Canada! Not sure why uk was added to the thread header when it was moved!
Don't know either - now changed to Canada :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generally speaking, every 17 or 18" rim from a W203 C-class,W209 CLK or R170 SLK should be a straight bolt on to your R171. Maybe even W202 rims, not 100 % sure.
Check this site https://www.mercedes-benz.de/passengercars/being-an-owner/reifen-und-raeder/rad-und-reifenkombinationen.module.html
It is in German but it lists all by MB approved rim/tyre combinations for almost all MB models.

Not too sure how to navigate the German website but the other info is useful, thanks!! :smile:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just looking to buy a decent, used set of rims off craigslist or something then buy some new winter rubber. That’s why I was ideally looking to find compatible bolt ons 😃

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,902 Posts
Don't know either - now changed to Canada :D
Thanks but I’m in Canada! Not sure why uk was added to the thread header when it was moved!
Not by me BUT probably (maybe?) you've got a UK Cornwall flag as your "country"? Not a problem , just an observations :tu:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Winter? :confused:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I did the same thing with a Toyota Tundra in order to have aggressive tires for desert trips and good/quiet road tires for around town. The only thing I didn't see coming was that I also had to purchase TPMS units for the desert tires....a small additional cost. The ease of just swapping wheels immediately made the cost of the extra wheels/tires worth it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts