Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Importing SLK (350 or 55 AMG) from US

H 'eh' to fellow Canucks!

As soon as Lord Stanley's annual battle for hockey supremacy wraps up, I'll be starting my quest to find my first MB SLK. It's taken me some time to narrow the field down between the SL and the SLK, but am now down to two choices of the SLK.. the 350 vs. the 55 AMG.

I've learned the 55 only comes with automatic, and have had my heart set on manual transmission, so am still struggling with the decision, so any feedback welcome.

Regardless, the selection of (slightly) used SLK's in Canada seems limited, so I've been looking into purchasing in the US. I know they require some dealer-only modifications, but looks like on $1K - $2K cost.

Wondering if any other fellow Canadians have goe this route? If so, how was the experience, and are there particular areas in the US I should be searching?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gidday, eh? can hardly wait for winter... I know that is perverse, but lord, I love a minus 40 day out snowshoeing... I suspect that only Wisconsoners and northern vermonters can relate....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello!

There were snow flurries today, boy is that scary but reality!

Hopefully there will a few more sunny clear days in which I'll be able to drive prior to having to put her to sleep.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Was a gorgeous sunny day here, :) Mon. Nov. 1st so I was able to go for a nice drive,:burnout: suppose to be nice today also so I'm all set to go. Fri, Sat and Sunday also looks promisng so I'm lucking out.:hb: Still in break-in mode :mad: can't wait to be able to put the hammer down!

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's pretty quiet on this thread, well I have really been enjoying putting more hours on my new babby. Went for a nice 5 hour run today, can't wait until I have her broken-in so I can do what ever I want when ever but boy is this car fun and don't miss my SL55 AMG at all, I was very pleased driving all that time and was still confortable with out any issues afterwards, what a bonus. Some sport cars once you have drove for say 2 hours and then stopped you basically have to roll out of the vehicle and feel the after effects for days. Suppose to have a few nice days this week coming up so I'm looking forward to putting some more hours in.

Stereo "speakers are breaking-in" so it sounds better now but nothing close to the Burmester system I heard in the Panamara, I want that sound!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Turns out there is an SLK owner around the corner...red/tan I believe...nearing retirement. I think I shall drop him a little note with the website.

Having trouble finding the thread about importing to Canada...anyone?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Turns out there is an SLK owner around the corner...red/tan I believe...nearing retirement. I think I shall drop him a little note with the website.

Having trouble finding the thread about importing to Canada...anyone?
There are several threads that contain posts relating to importing to Canada. Just search on Canada and import and you should be able to find them. I can recommend a good broker in Ontario I used also. Costs $800-$900, but they can look after everything (shipping, customs paperwork etc.). It was worth it for me as I dind't have the time to do it all myself.

Feell free to PM me for specifics.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Freeeeezing cold today!!!

Tucked away my 350 last month and hooked up a Battery Tender to it.

Can't wait to bring it out for Spring.... Got some new 19s I'm going to throw on :)

Also going to order new Coilovers... Which means my Eibach Springs will be up for sale soon!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Freeeeezing cold today!!!

Tucked away my 350 last month and hooked up a Battery Tender to it.

Can't wait to bring it out for Spring.... Got some new 19s I'm going to throw on :)

Also going to order new Coilovers... Which means my Eibach Springs will be up for sale soon!
What are you planning for your existing rims/tires ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts