Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are beginning to take up too much room in a big card board box in my office and the boss is beginning to get annoyed!

I need to sell these to someone in the US.

I've already lost loads on them and I accept that, I just want them out.

Any takers at $750?

I'll sort out shipping.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are these the oem ones? Will they fit/work in a standard R171?

- H
Yes they are, but since you are in Aus and drive on the correct side of the road too, they'll present the same problem to you as they do to me.

Basically the beam pattern is flat with an upward flick to illuminate the right hand side pavement area.

If you drive on the left like we do, this means it illuminates a little high for oncoming traffic.

I suspect you could get round it easily by placing a small block (like a credit card) to keep the beam flat left to right. I'd do this but have already bought aftermarket HIDs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
im interesting in buy, please check your PM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm, interesting to know. After all this, I have changed my mind and decided to buy a SLK350 with factory bi-xenons.

Thanks for the tidbit though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They are beginning to take up too much room in a big card board box in my office and the boss is beginning to get annoyed!

I need to sell these to someone in the US.

I've already lost loads on them and I accept that, I just want them out.

Any takers at $750?

I'll sort out shipping.
what is the diferences between OEM xeon and MTECH HID kits ? i mean they are xeon right ?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Guys, at $750 for OEM bix, this really is a no-brainer in my book. The MTECH kits are decent for aftermarket, which - in my book - puts them at about 50% quality of the OEM's.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
If you've never done it before, it's an hour install. If you are comfortable with mechanics, and have worked on your R171 before, it's prolly more like 10 minutes per side.

I can't remember off the top of my head, it's either 3 or 4 bolts per light, and 2 or 3 connectors. Whoever buys 'em, let me know and I'll pull up my pictures and some instructions.

Figure $50 to have a MB dealer code with DAS and run an alignment on 'em. Probably the same at an indy. Personally, it's a heck of a lot easier to align them with an aiming rig that it is to try and do it by hand - can be done, just fiddly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.