Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody
i spent 3 hours for nothing!!!
I have a slk 280 (07) and I wanted to change my rear discs and pads. I have not been able to remove the discs.
I have the impression that they are welded.
you have to know that the handbrake is removed, the small screw holding the rotors is removed and that I can turn the disc with my hand
I hit like a mad with iron hammer.
I did not try with a mass.
Can you help me?
thank you

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Hello everybody
I have a slk 280 (07) and I wanted to change my rear discs and pads. I have not been able to remove the discs.
you have to know that the handbrake is removed, the small screw holding the rotors is removed and that I can turn the disc with my hand
Can you help me?
thank you

You need to adjust internally the inner brake shoe adjuster so the brake shoes contracts inwards enabling the disc to be pulled off .

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,406 Posts
Hello everybody
Can you help me?
thank you
Might be more here
http://www.slkworld.com/gtsearch.php?q=R171 how to change disc rotor

US use rotors, as we use discs.
As Delucas says, handbrake adjustment is important. Others have been caught out by that.
@frogfoot

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
If you have done all of above try some heat on the disc face where it sits on the hub , let it cool down and spray some Wd40 ( be careful if you are saving the shoes ) between disc and hub flange , you can do this by using the wheel bolt holes. You will see a small gap between disc and hub , then leave it to soak in. Next knock disc off with hammer.

If its still stuck its big hammer time but you will end up pulling shoes off back plate ect and end up needing more parts, just how it goes some times :|

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have had this problem on another car, spent ages heating-bashing-etc, then found and used this method:-

Worked brilliantly. However not tried it on an SLK so might not be possible on one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi

Thank you all for your help. 6 hours later and ola perseverance, I managed to dislodge. For that I drove 6kms by intermittently actuating, the handbrake to heat the mechanism and disengage it. I used wd40 and banged hard outside. Now it's over. I will post a 2 photos to show you the result of this human adventure. :wink:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
doesn't match for slk..thanks anyway
tip 4 u

use the 'quote' buttons at the bottom of any post you wish to reply to or quote

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,902 Posts
Thank you all for your help.
By thanking members individually, that thanks will remain in their profile forever. It's nice doing it in a thread but it's better
to use "the button". :tu:

Attachments

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
Thank you all for your help. 6 hours later and ola perseverance, I managed to dislodge. For that I drove 6kms by intermittently actuating, the handbrake to heat the mechanism and disengage it. I used wd40 and banged hard outside. Now it's over. I will post a 2 photos to show you the result of this human adventure. :wink:
Glad you got it sorted :smile: and if you ever end up on a ferry docking in hull I have a ramp you can put the car on and poke around before you go on your travels.....coffee not to bad as well :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Glad you got it sorted :smile: and if you ever end up on a ferry docking in hull I have a ramp you can put the car on and poke around before you go on your travels.....coffee not to bad as well :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Would this invitation to use your 'ramp' be open to anyone of us SLK owners who may be passing your area of Hull ? :x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts