Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there~

I'm ys from Korea and totally new here...

There is a site for slk driver in korea but I couldn't get enough infomation there.. so I dig some up on internet and finally find this site , which is lucky to me...

I want to upgrade my brake system to 4p caliper... I've heard r171 350's break system is campatible to that of r170 slk230...

Is there anybody who could give me a tip for this??

Thx in advance

Best RGD

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Not sure about the R171, but you may want to look at the R170 SLK32 AMG brake system. It may be an easier retrofit.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have purchased C36 front calipers and brake pads from a gentleman in Florida who upgraded his brakes. I am planning to install them with some stainless steel brake lines some time this winter. the rotors are a total of 1" larger in diameter. im hoping they'll bolt right up, the seller did some backwards research and found that the upgraded brakes that he purchased will fit on an R170 as well, so theoretically his factory calipers should bolt up to my 230 without issue once I get rotors too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about the R171, but you may want to look at the R170 SLK32 AMG brake system. It may be an easier retrofit.

Best Wishes
thx friend~

I'm afraid to say this but it's much more difficult to find slk32 than slk 55 amg here in Korea..

but.. I'll try to find it~~

Have a good day!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx.

I have purchased C36 front calipers and brake pads from a gentleman in Florida who upgraded his brakes. I am planning to install them with some stainless steel brake lines some time this winter. the rotors are a total of 1" larger in diameter. im hoping they'll bolt right up, the seller did some backwards research and found that the upgraded brakes that he purchased will fit on an R170 as well, so theoretically his factory calipers should bolt up to my 230 without issue once I get rotors too.
oh.. I see... plz let me know how your replacement goes later.

but... I think you need to modify bracket for caliper..

What I've read from slk community in Korea is about replacement of caliper of slk350 for slk230 and it said there is no need of any modification.... even though rotor is a little big bigger than original one.... anyway.. I'll try to find more information about this...

good luck to your upgrade!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts