Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· *Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,593 Posts
If anyone who has had the wiring harness adapters installed on their 272 engine could you post a pic of how the new wiring pieces are fitted. I would greatly appreciate it.

As a precautionary measure I purchased the four wiring pieces to install in case my solenoids leak oil. Problem is the 6 inch sections of new wiring are rather stiff and there is little to no slack in the original wiring at the original connects so not sure how to squeeze these wiring additions into place without bending them as it seems they are designed not to bend.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

· *Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,593 Posts
Following the advice provided I installed the corrective wire pieces. While I do not question the accuracy of Gbarringer100 comments, the center section of the pieces do not take a bend and hold it as a typical solid wire would do. They spring back to the original straight form so all the bending that is required to get these wire sections in place occurs at the extreme ends where the wiring goes into the connectors. This created sharp bends and some stress on the wires at the connectors so I re-routed as best as I could to reduce the sharpness of those bends at the connectors. I used wire zip ties to secure.

Hope others find this helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.