1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a Charger wants to play on right.

Fun starts at 60 seconds.

I did not want to beat him off the line in case he did not want to play

Notice at about 1:12 Sheriff Deputy going the other way.
Quick! To the Bat Cave! :D

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,459 Posts
Jeff, I am waiting 4 the day when I get a call to bail you out of jail because them American Hot Rods from Detroit flashed the Xmas Tree at you.:surprise::surprise::grin::grin:

Over here in Phx more Police Dept use Mustangs Camaros and pick up trucks
to catch them old High School Racers.:wink::grin::grin:

·
98,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I check their plates...usually they are all county plates

·
98,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floriduh lights suck
not even synchronized
In New York City, you can get a green light at Bowery Park and drive at least 180 blocks/streets before you have to stop.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
406 Posts
Jeff, I am waiting 4 the day when I get a call to bail you out of jail because them American Hot Rods from Detroit flashed the Xmas Tree at you.:surprise::surprise::grin::grin:

Over here in Phx more Police Dept use Mustangs Camaros and pick up trucks
to catch them old High School Racers.:wink::grin::grin:
Police in sleepers ! That's not nice. Less of a worry here. Here we have "sleeping policemen" on local estates & back urban roads all over. No fun on a low car ! And, speed cameras everywhere. Fixed, and mobile. They also "hide" mobile speed cameras in vans, on motorway bridges, etc. So, as you come around that curve on the motorway at 90, Your nicked ! :frown:

·
98,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was expecting some '50s music on the radio, but left disappointed.
If i leave the music on, most are c opyrighted and if i leave the music, they either put ads or will remove the music anyway. They let you choose some generic not c opyrighted music but those stink :D

·
98,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
98,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice to see your car being used as it should, looks quick
Thanks! Check out my mod threads if you haven't
Links in my signature block below :D

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,515 Posts
Jeff’s car is reasonably good for competing with slow cars. Remember, he’s an old fuddy-duddy and would never want to do anything that’s actually exciting. After all, he would “never” break a law on the road! Them military types always uphold United States law. I appreciate Jeff showing us how us old folks can be legends in their own mind. LOL >:D

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
Nice thing about an R170 is no FDR and the Teleaid is analog and does not work.

Also in Florida we have no front license plates. (We do have polarized covers for the rear license plate "to protect it from the sun").

What we do have is roads made of asphalt mixed with shell aggregate (we have A Lot of shell). This makes for a fractal surface and the grip must be experienced to be believed (except at stoplights where the AC condensate mixes with oil and creates "Florida Ice". Those experienced watch for dark patches at intersections.

When I was a kid I could not understand smoky burnouts. Then I discovered pimp juice.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
509 Posts
I fell asleep waiting for the light to change. Thank God I'm a country boy.:grin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.