Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find my keys to the Truck. I have been looking for them for the last 1.5 hours checked the house 5 times and nothing even checked in the Fridge. How difficult can it be finding a set of Keys with a keychain in a 1400 sq house.:frown::|

·
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like a dumb bum normally it,s my Betty loosing them around the house or in her purse. I even checked the dog beds because my pup likes to hide food knickers and other stuff around the house and in the garden but nothing....:confused::confused::(

Reactions: Avel Du

·
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 make matters worse all that time I was looking for the key I let the water run to fill the pool now the pool is overflowing and I have tons of water in the back yard and I forgot 2 pick up my meds earlier when I was at the store. Yup it is time to move me . Hopefully I can get a room with a view towards the pool to keep an eye on them Betty,s in Bikinik,s:grin:

·
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still have not found my keys but in the process of looking around in the backyard looking for them I found a Hornets nest.:surprise::surprise:

I do not know if my Puppy is a part of the hide and seek game because she acts really guilty or if my Blood Pressure Medication just makes me stupid. I guess I have to call the Dealer order a new one and have a new key cut in the shop for my Peterbilt.

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
107 Posts
Still have not found my keys but in the process of looking around in the backyard looking for them I found a Hornets nest.:surprise::surprise:

I do not know if my Puppy is a part of the hide and seek game because she acts really guilty or if my Blood Pressure Medication just makes me stupid. I guess I have to call the Dealer order a new one and have a new key cut in the shop for my Peterbilt.
After you do that, you'll find them.

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
3,168 Posts
Oh Dear !!

Glad I'm not the only one who has this problem .....................

Nowadays, first place I would look is in the relevant vehicle, yep, usually there !! :biglaugh:

I take it you have looked in the Truck :grin:

Hope you find 'em soon :wink:

Cheers Dave

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
162 Posts
Don't forget to look in the clothes washer and the pockets of trousers in the dirty clothes. Also the floorboards and the ground around the truck.

Often times when I lose something I can be staring right at it and still not see it.

The best way I have found to find something that I lost is to return to the last place I may have used it and retrace my normal steps into several rooms in the house.

I made a commitment to have a specific place for the things I normally lose then I forget about the commitment and . . . .

I lost a pocket knife 3 days ago and still have not found it.

Best of luck in your quest.

Dennis

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,362 Posts
I believe it's a condition called 'man looking'. Get the ladies of the household on the case....

Joking aside, is there anywhere you regularly leave them where they can slide off or down the back of something?

In my work I used to have a large bunch of assorted keys that I needed every day. One day couldn't find them anywhere. Spent ages searching four workshops, two offices, staff room, car, house, though I was sure I had them at the beginning of the day. In the end, had to go through the time consuming job of borrowing various keys from colleagues and then getting a set cut at considerable cost. Four years later when I moved on, we were clearing out my office and moving stuff around. Found the keys down the back of a metal filing cabinet from the top of which they had slid.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
725 Posts
You guys got nothin'.
I misplaced a sledgehammer.
Yeah, that's right. A freakin' 10-pound SLEDGEHAMMER. Its not in the garage, its not in the hangar, its not in the machine shed.
It can't have been stolen. No self-respecting thief would steal something that implies work.

Sledgehammer. *mumbles to self*

·
Registered sold both-> SLK350, SLK '55
996 Posts
In 2003 I took home my brand new car and as soon as I parked it in the garage, I have my wife her set of keys.
She was busy at the moment writing something on her laptop and clearly misplaced them.
After some days we searched the whole house with no outcome.
I ordered another key and called it a day, but deep inside me I knew the keys were somewhere in the house.
While we moved from that house in 2014 and packed everything in boxes I was still sure that we will find these damn keys.
No luck there.
I was still puzzled until later that year when her sister came to the house and gave us a set of keys that she found inside an old purse my wife gave to her along with some other things she got rid of during the clearance of the previous house closets.
It was a closure/anger moment for me and also the first time in my life that I took a tranquility pill.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,704 Posts
I once lost a whole car!

Searched the entire car park. Had the ticket for that car park, so I knew it was there.
Just about to call and report a stolen car and...
saw my other car close to where I expected the original.

Never has, nor will happen with the 55 or the 350.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
517 Posts
I once lost a whole car!

Searched the entire car park. Had the ticket for that car park, so I knew it was there.
Just about to call and report a stolen car and...
saw my other car close to where I expected the original.

Never has, nor will happen with the 55 or the 350.

Did kind of the same thing once, back before keys could make the car help you find it. Only in my case I was looking for the car I'd sold a few days before rather than the new one.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
I lost a big push broom in a small double car garage... My brain was looking for something shaped like a broom, but in reality, the bottom was covered up by something, and my eyes were only seeing a vertical handle - it did not calculate that it could be attached to the broom section!

You have to tell yourself to look for key characteristics.. if at first you dont find a broom, look for a handle, if you dont see a handle, look for the brush... when that fails, imagine the object at different angles, like laying on the floor.. when that doesn't work, then I start looking to see if gravity reversed and it's sticking to the ceiling.

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
3,168 Posts
Years ago when I lived in England I had a white Range Rover, my ex wife took it shopping one day, I took her car to the workshop to service it.

I got a phone call about mid day ..................

"This bloody Car won't unlock" then she says she's stood next to it pressing the button .......... nope .................

"Put the key in the lock and turn it" says I

"Do you think I'm stupid, that doesn't work either" she says sarcastically .....................

So I lock the workshop, and drive the 15 miles and as I pull up next to my Rangey with the spare keys I wonder where my other half has disappeared to .....................

Yep, you've guessed it, she is across the other side of the car park standing next to someone else's white Range Rover :frown:

Boy did I get plenty of mileage out of that little story :biglaugh:

·
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still have not found them :soap::soap: Keys... I am running out of places to look for.:|:frown: On the bright side my puppy and me found her fav bone she was hiding about 3 weeks ago and could not remember where she put it.:laugh::laugh:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,704 Posts
Similar one to @Dave2302

Missus got in her skip to find someone had stolen all her gonks (little cuddly toys with wobbly eyes) off the dash.
Worse, they had emptied her entire car!

Her mat pointed at another Allegro 2 cars down and mentioned how similar the gonks were in that one!

Dan, I once had a Capri that could be opened with a 50p coin.
Want me to mail you a coin?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
725 Posts
Still have not found them :soap::soap: Keys... I am running out of places to look for.:|:frown: On the bright side my puppy and me found her fav bone she was hiding about 3 weeks ago and could not remember where she put it.:laugh::laugh:
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee which has a proximity key, in other words, the key only has to be within 6 feet of the Jeep to start by just pressing a button. So, I rarely take the key out of my pocket. On more than one goofy occasion, the keys slid out of my pocket to rest between the seat and the center console. Could this be where your keys are? No, not in my Jeep but in your ride, alongside the seat. I've also left keys hanging from a single key inserted in the toolbox lock.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts