1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Whew! Glad I'm on this forum.:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow no kidding I just checked out that thread out of curiousity and that kidhummer kid was ridiculous. Turned a thread about being beaten in a street race into something about whether your dad is rich or not. How in the world? At any race, just goes to show that MB's aren't your grandpa's car anymore :D Honestly, were they ever to the people that really wanna DRIVE 'em? I've only recently become a MB fan but I imagine a carmaker that puts out the kind of product they do has been doing it for a long time, with the pedigree to prove it.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Just makes you appreciate this site even more!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That thread was hilarious... kidhummer was definitely an alias.. I didn't want the thread to end, I wanted them to catch him in his lies...

An "attorney" just passing the bar living in a 4 million dollar house? I don't think so... Either that or a mid-upper 20 year old living with his parents... even sweeter... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was actually shopping for a CTS when I discovered what deals were to be had on MB's now. I know the CTS's are awesome cars but what a loss it would have been had I not got this car.

I was going to a Sears appliance outlet store and passed a car lot that had an SL500 with a crazy low price on it. I did some checking and found stunning prices on MB's. I seriously considered an SL at first but just fell in love with the looks, the handling and the retractable hard top of the SLK.

You dont 'drive' an SLK, you strap it on like a fighter jet. Actually I was a crew chief on fighters in the USAF and the fit of my SLK is rather reminiscent of the F5-E's I worked on. The SLK is a lot more plush though. :burnout:

My last car was a corvette and if you want to see a tough forum check out the flames I got when I posted pics of the SLK I just bought.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2102030

I was a member there for 6 years and still got trashed. Those guys are hardcore. I gave the vette to my son and honestly I dont miss it a bit since I got the SLK.

I am going on my first road trip in the morning to Lake Havasu. It is wide open desert highways there and back. It should be a lot of fun.

BTW, looks like a really nice place you have here.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome DarkHalo!! The SLK 320 looks really clean on the pix (from the link). The F5E Tiger is one of the better-looking military jet of its era.

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Hi ... that Cadillac thread made me laugh! And so did the Corvette one. I'm glad SLK World attracts a more generous-spirited gang! All best wishes. Jonathan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You dont 'drive' an SLK, you strap it on like a fighter jet. Actually I was a crew chief on fighters in the USAF and the fit of my SLK is rather reminiscent of the F5-E's I worked on.
That's very much like what I say about it.

Sometimes I also say you wear it like a designer tailored suit. Either one leaves little room for concealed carry of a large-frame sidearm (need to do like James Bond and downsize to a Walther PPKS).
My last car was a corvette and if you want to see a tough forum check out the flames I got when I posted pics of the SLK I just bought.

I was a member there for 6 years and still got trashed. Those guys are hardcore. I gave the vette to my son and honestly I dont miss it a bit since I got the SLK.
Those Vette forum guys crack me up--especially the one who photoshopped the crossed flags on your decklid, LOL! I still have a spare hood emblem from my 50th Anniversary C5 that I am not sure what to do with. Maybe I'll put it on the front of my John Deere lawn tractor or my Case backhoe. :)

I miss very little about my Vette (as you can guess from my login ID) except for the station-wagon-like cargo capacity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts