Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning the cabin air recirculation flap. The vacuum actuator moves the flap to the recirculation position and it seems that a spring is supposed to move it to the outside air position. Is the spring inside of the vacuum actuator or elsewhere? I have no spring action so it time to replace the actuator?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,510 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,510 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mn Car Guy, that post nails down my issue. Now the challenge is getting to it as stated in the post. I am considering a different approach as well. I may try to install a pull back spring attached between the center upright brace and the flap its self. Then it will be on to my glove box support section of the dash which is self destructing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thanks Mn Car Guy, that post nails down my issue. Now the challenge is getting to it as stated in the post. I am considering a different approach as well. I may try to install a pull back spring attached between the center upright brace and the flap its self. Then it will be on to my glove box support section of the dash which is self destructing.
In fairness, it was one of the posts that Jeff found. I'm interested as I think I have the same problem. I'm just too lazy to rip the whole dash out. I'm wondering if there is an easier way to fix it. Let us know what you discover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.