Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if the Sacramento area folks have ever driven Hwy 36 as part of a group run? Stacey and I just came across it (W to E) on our way back from Crescent City...unbelievably beautiful...and spirited! The only drawback is the distance. approx 3hrs and about 130m. But it was well worth it! :)

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Was just wondering if the Sacramento area folks have ever driven Hwy 36 as part of a group run? Stacey and I just came across it (W to E) on our way back from Crescent City...unbelievably beautiful...and spirited! The only drawback is the distance. approx 3hrs and about 130m. But it was well worth it! :)
I don't recall going on this road for any trip I did or did not participate in. We will have to keep it in mind for the future!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,785 Posts
Dan, Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts have not driven that road yet. We may check into that area and see what there is to do and see etc...

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan, Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts have not driven that road yet. We may check into that area and see what there is to do and see etc...
Well, I can tell you there isn't a lot to do on Hwy 36 except drive (which is why we have our cars, right?) It reminded us a lot of driving "B" roads in Germany...hills, turns, woods, open vistas... Amazingly, we really didn't encounter a whole lot of people, it was a weekday (Friday) after all. If we were to do it again for the specific purpose of taking that route, I would make it a 2 day drive. Day 1, drive Hwy 36 with a stay over in Eureka. Day 2, return home via Hwy 299. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts