Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked this question in another thread and was kindly referred to a thread that described pillar trim removal on a 2002 R170 as maybe similar but unfortunately that is not the case.

I have mild (at the moment) corrosion where the offside C pillar meets the rear screen rubber. It had been touched up before but is back. I was hoping that the corner could be removed for
a proper repair/replacement but unlike the R171 trim it looks like it is integral to the roof construction rather than something that can be removed.

Problem is that it is near nigh impossible to get to the heart of the matter due to the tight rubber seal without removing the rear screen in its entirety.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
The only way to really get at the problem tin worm is to remove the rear windscreen. For this you'll need to employ a fitter to remove it without damaging it...unless of course you have the relavent experience and tools.

I've got the same problem and still need to address it.

·
Registered 2004 SLK230
19 Posts
I have the same problem. The bodyshop said that the rear window has to be removed but my concern is that they will crack it.

I tried looking to see if the pillar can be replaced, but it does not seem like that is a possibility. The part you CAN order is both pillars, and it seems like the rear window. That sounds expensive...

Has anyone been able to find a part number for that (specifically, right C pillar for a 2004 SLK)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.