Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...after 7-years, we've decided it's time to let the SLK go. Will be picking up a new C-Class Coupe next week and not the C63 AMG version either.

Will be a little sad to hand over the keys, it's been a great little car and we've had huge fun in it, met some great people and seen some sights too.

I plan to drop in here from time to time, but sadly will most likely not be joining any of the sheep chases. Might be able to meet with folks in the evening for catch up though.

I do have an OEM wind deflector (with SLKworld decals) and a set of OE rear brake pads for sale if anyone is interested. I will post these items in the classified section.

Cheers!
Glenn

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
Sorry to see you go after sooo many years. Good luck and maybe there will be another SLK in your future.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. This forum is one of the best on the Internet. Hopefully I'll still be dropping in from time to time, and you're right there maybe an SLK somewhere in our future.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
Thanks! are you trading it in for the new car or selling it privately?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traded it, got a really good deal with our local MB dealer. We both like the C-Class coupe. The extra pair of seats and luggage space will come in very handy. The car drives nicely and we continue to be MB owners. The one we are getting is an oil burner (diesel), AMG Sport Edition with Premium Pack in Fire Opal.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Glenn,

Another one bites the dust! The "old timers" are dropping like flies around here. Even our super moderator Woolly is MIA. But congratulations on your new car and best wishes for many happy miles (or kilometers) ahead!

Steve

·
Registered--In between SLK's
14,475 Posts
Best of luck with the new car nice to hear your getting rid due to issues just a change of perspective,

Thanks for all of your valuable input on the forum, always found your replies and post informative!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,485 Posts
Sorry to hear that the SLK is going, but at least the C Class is a great colour! :grin: Good luck and happy motoring in it. :smile:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is our new ride. Must say I'm enjoying it so far. Clearly a different ride to the SLK, but well spec'd, very planted with strong on road performance and sharp steering. Nice colour too, very pleased with our choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts