Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought it was stupid when people posted stuff to say things like this, but this is one of my favorite forums I've ever been on.

I sold the SLK. I didn't even sell it, I gave it away on accident. I thought I'd get a bunch on Ebay, I guess the pictures I tried to post didn't go through, and I sold it for $2000 LESS than offers I got from trying to sell it on craigslist. 24hours priod. How do you tell someone "sorry, Can't take your offer- found someone who wants it on Ebay for 2000 less, but since once you list something on ebay you have to sell it for that amount, I have to follow through.

Really makes me bitter. That was a perfect SLK 320 and I sold it because I stink at life and don't know how to sell things.

Anyway, I was going to buy a 350 originally, but I think I need 4 seats for the kiddies since most the time I don't have them I go for the faster cars like my Z06.. and I'd buy a 55 AMG but I refuse to drive an auto. Might make sense to buy a 4 seater, so maybe I'll end up with a CLK although I'm leaning towards a Maserati Quattroporte. It doesn't look like the CLK convertibles come in stick.

I'll still be around, and maybe someday I'll pick up another one. My wife really loves them and so I may buy her a 230K, but we only put about 20 miles month on the 320 together, so its probably not worth it :(

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,402 Posts
You'll be back!!!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
What a strange story :D. Well, do stick around, and perhaps we'll see you in another SLK later on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You don't have to sell the car to them, just say you already sold it or tell them you can't for that amount of money. You'll just get a penalty which will give you a lower feedback score.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't have to sell the car to them, just say you already sold it or tell them you can't for that amount of money. You'll just get a penalty which will give you a lower feedback score.
I've gotten far in life by doing the ethical right thing even if I lose in the short run!

I'll still be around, but I won't be adding many more "how-tos" until I end up with another SLK at some point, but its one of the few cars I think I'll end up with again!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to hear your news. Good luck with your new car.

Sorry to hear your news, but I agree with you - a manual box is the only way to go :tu:
The thing is, as much as I love manual gear boxes, virtually all sports cars are automatic these days, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Audi R8. Even F1 cars are automatic. I think you are fighting a losing battle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.