Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's driving me "nuts".

In England I type in OEM spare parts, up comes a parts catalog, I put in the manufactures part numbers, pay by card, and a few days later the parts arrive.

Why can't I do this in France? Or, can I?

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

·
Registered
302 Posts
If your stuck or paying unbelievable prices , nothing in France is cheap but wine , I'm coming down to the dordogne mid April for a few weeks in my pick up , get them sent to my English address and I'll bring them down for you .
I'll trust you not to put drugs in them if you trust me not to steal the parts off you :grin:
That said , France is a big place and you may be better off paying the postage rather than driving to mine :smile:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind offer Paul, I'm just frustrated that M-B in France don't try harder. I'll be in England in June but I want to fix that oil leak now :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call Sneaky Pete. I've just put together a "test" order for them and the delivery is reasonable for a largish order but there's a minimum of 14.90€ for shipping which rules them out for small parts. They are still considerably better than anywhere else I've tried.

Guess I'll wait until I've identified all the parts I'll need over the coming year - although I did want to fix that oil leak :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls,
Does any body know what the part no is for the chrome star badge for the rear of a SLK 200 Kompressor and what size it should be. There are several different sizes. The one on our car has been broken off due to some **** trying to steal it.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,563 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls,
Does any body know what the part no is for the chrome star badge for the rear of a SLK 200 Kompressor and what size it should be. There are several different sizes. The one on our car has been broken off due to some **** trying to steal it.
Post your vin and we can dig that up for you

·
Registered
245 Posts
Why wouldn't you???????????????????
There are numerous websites that sell OEM parts and almost all of them ship worldwide or at least within the EU. Probably easier to ship to France than to the UK, certainly after a possible "Brexit".....
Here's one of them Welcome to the online shop of the genuine car parts pro’s
Hi Pete, I've used used the company in your link and can vouch for them. I ordered a satnav screen for a BMW. It was delivered to the UK in 5 days. Price was equivalent to £1250. The dealer I bought the BMW from wanted £1750 and £100 to install. Followed YouTube movie and installed it in 10 mins. They gave me a complimentary pen ... and a 10% voucher.:laugh: And I'll be voting Brexit. If EU countries don't want to sell me stuff I'll buy what I need while I'm in France.>:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts