Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got an e-mail from a friend who will be replacing her R171 350 soon. Should she wait for a year until the 09's come out because of some wicked new feature, or should she snag an 07' later this year and save some dough. Any help is appreciated.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I can't imagine waiting a whole year before getting a car, if she want it, get it now, that's one year of fun she will be missing.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
If she waits for an 09, she'll more than likely find something to wait for a 10. It's similar to buying a computer....obviously a few more zeros, but the same idea. :biglaugh:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I agree with the members, Just get it right now why wait because it makes less time to enjoy the R171 maybe the R172 will come close by example 3 years after the facelift ( max )

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: I faced the same situation. I planned to order a new 2008 SLK 55. What was available NOW, at a "couldn't refuse" price, was a used 2005 SLK 55, in the perfect exterior color, correct interior color, and with ALL the options available other than 030, iPod, wood trim, or Designo. Less than 5000 miles, new condition. Regardless, what happens with the 2008 model, or even the SLK 63, I'm living the dream NOW and enjoying every second. When I state it was the right car, it was. If it had been any color other than Firemist Red, with the red and black interior, or was missing a key option (NAV, Sirius, Xenons, AirScarf), I wouldn't have considered it. I hesitated for five days. I'm glad things worked out. I've made mistakes in the past, but not this time. Plan your next vehicle purchase, but consider other options.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
ya def go get it if you have a chance, then if 09 rolls around and u want it, you got something to put towards it.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hey guys, just got an e-mail from a friend who will be replacing her R171 350 soon. Should she wait for a year until the 09's come out because of some wicked new feature, or should she snag an 07' later this year and save some dough. Any help is appreciated.
If she buys new, tell her to do Euro delivery. They check out the car, much much better. My euro delivery '05 was perfect, the US delivery '06 has spent many, many days in the shop. Four air bag system failure visits, three blowing rear turn signal light, etc. etc. etc.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
:tu: I faced the same situation. I planned to order a new 2008 SLK 55. What was available NOW, at a "couldn't refuse" price, was a used 2005 SLK 55, in the perfect exterior color, correct interior color, and with ALL the options available other than 030, iPod, wood trim, or Designo. Less than 5000 miles, new condition. Regardless, what happens with the 2008 model, or even the SLK 63, I'm living the dream NOW and enjoying every second. When I state it was the right car, it was. If it had been any color other than Firemist Red, with the red and black interior, or was missing a key option (NAV, Sirius, Xenons, AirScarf), I wouldn't have considered it. I hesitated for five days. I'm glad things worked out. I've made mistakes in the past, but not this time. Plan your next vehicle purchase, but consider other options.
Yes, you are very lucky this time and you deserve it my friend.
:tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Does anyone have any info/pics on what the '09 would become anyways? It's hard to compare if you dunno what you're comparing. :/ ...well, I mean I speak for myself... :)
There's no official words but was suppose to be more horses for the 350 up to 300bhp, which is an easy thing to do, an ecu upgrade, air filters, and better exhaust will yield 315bhp (per Carlsson). Maybe SLK63 will replaces the existing SLK55. The exterior will change a little, square tips instead of oval, new front fascia, etc..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.