Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have had this SLK since 2012 and just found a button on the dash beside the light switch that I never realized was there. It doesn't seem to do anything when pressed. I googled and looked on this forum and all I have found is a headlight adjustment switch and this doesn't look like the pics I see. Can anyone help this old man out? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
Looks like for fog lights.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've go a 2012 also, that's the fog light switch...but don't look for them in the front of the car, they are part of your tail light system...making you more visible in dense fog from behind. Should be a light in the instrument cluster when you turn them on...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
I've go a 2012 also, that's the fog light switch...but don't look for them in the front of the car, they are part of your tail light system...making you more visible in dense fog from behind. Should be a light in the instrument cluster when you turn them on...

I've never seen them on the rears here, only front. I think in the UK they are on the rear (and then only one side--left rear??)

From a UK website:
But UK law dictates that a fog light must be included in the tail lights at the rear of a car, while front fog lights are a useful extra that car makers can use to attract buyers to higher spec models.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As stated LH rear only and only 4 leds in the tail light. If turned on the tail light will not dim if you have no vehicle behind you that are not close enough to keep the rear lights on. On my 2012 350 my tail light go out if no vehicle is behind you at night.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You don't have tail lights unless there is a car behind you? Not sure that would fly here in FL, no tail lights at night will get you pulled over pretty quickly...I'm going out shortly and check my fog light operation

·
Registered
602 Posts
And here's page two. Yep, when switched on the effect is only on the left rear taillight, and there is an amber light indicator in the right instrument cluster...so now you have the rest of the story...hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts