Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only been on a short test run (well two actually had a couple of rattles to sort out after the first one...) but first impressions are...............

Well I'm not sure actually.. burbles nicely on tick over, deep throaty noise on throttle, silent on cruise.... only slight disappointment is its lost the nice V6 howl at higher revs....

Will report back once it has a few more miles on it to settle in....

·
Registered
283 Posts
hey let me know of you find that your centre muffler that replaces the X pipe if it scrapes any where .. mine is very low and BOOM scrapes,,,dong a mod now to correct it .. thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey let me know of you find that your centre muffler that replaces the X pipe if it scrapes any where .. mine is very low and BOOM scrapes,,,dong a mod now to correct it .. thanks
Not had any problems with grounding out..... it is too big though and rattles against the heat shield, not matter how much I try to 'adjust' it....

After a few miles in it have to say the rattling and boominess (?) in the 18-20k revs range is not great... just a bit too loud, and I still don't think the sound suits the car.

So I have contacted NAP and fed them this back, and they are now making me a x-pipe crossover to replace the centre box..... Will see how that sounds.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a bit of an update...

As said before not overly keen on the sound and asked NAP if I could swap the straight through centre box for a x-pipe......

to which they have said yes of course................ for 270 euros!!

So currently looking at options.. If any one can recommend an exhaust fitter in the South East of UK who could fit an x-pipe for me for reasonable money...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, after negotiations NAP have made an x-pipe for me (at reasonable cost) and its due on Monday....... hurrah!

Will try to do some before and after sound clips, but to be fair I recorded it on my phone previously and it sounded............. well of nothing really..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG! (to quote my teenage daughter)...

I have to warn anyone thinking of buying an exhaust from NAP in Germany to steer clear.....

This is the 'X-pipe' I asked them to make......... quite clearly an H-pipe....... idiots!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

Well complained, and they agreed they have sent the wrong part...

So x-pipe promised........They said I could try them both and see which one I preferred and then return the surplus one..

So fitted the H-pipe at the weekend.. initial impression, was nicer, deeper sound, no louder (was pretty loud before), sounds much nicer in the high rev range.
Having said that Im still not convinced it sounds right.............. So have ordered a Remus system as I have had these on a couple of previous cars (and bikes) and they always without fail sound great...

So if anyone wants a cheap(ish) NAP replacement exhaust system...........................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts