Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So I got this yellow 1998 SLK 230 for my wife's 40th birthday and hid it away in the work shed because her birthday is in September.
And I have been driving it on Sundays.
And she knew nothing about it...
BUT...
a combination of women's intuition and my general smugness factor told her that I was up to something, and that this involved her birthday.

She could have tortured the truth out of me (we have a fairly interesting marriage).
Instead, she got our son Caleb to navigate to my facebook page (because she is computer-challenged) and there they found the following entry:

" I have just got a really nice present for my wife's 40th birthday, and she knows nothing about it. Google SLK 230..."

So it's all on. I have been sneaky, and now I have been busted.
I deserve it, and it's all worthwhile.
Life is good.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Instead, she got our son Caleb to navigate to my facebook page (because she is computer-challenged) and there they found the following entry:

" I have just got a really nice present for my wife's 40th birthday, and she knows nothing about it. Google SLK 230..."

Logic would have stated NOT to post anything about it, especially on facebook unless you want the world to know about it.

Anyhow, it was a good try. Do you get the brownie points now?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the fact that she doesn't know how to drive a computer, plus the fact that I had already successfully bought it, shipped it, insured it, and hidden it made me a little complacent (or more correctly "smug".

I do still get to drive it though as her birthday is still... IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!
:tu:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
I guess the fact that she doesn't know how to drive a computer, plus the fact that I had already successfully bought it, shipped it, insured it, and hidden it made me a little complacent (or more correctly "smug".

I do still get to drive it though as her birthday is still... IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!
:tu:
Consider it...On Loan!
Congrats, nice gift.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Come now, if you wanted to really be sneaky you should have posted on your Facebook that it was for your mistress :)
Just make sure the garbage disposal motor has been disabled.

Reactions: Der Flieger

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Clearly you have great taste in cars and women! That said you need to explain to Jr where his loyalties should lay (dare I say lie.... "didn't find anything Mom").

It's also a good thing that she suspect you for "something to do with her birthday". Some women might have suspected something much much worse. (See above post when that happens).

PS Cancel your facebook...you're a security risk to yourself!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like my wife, but unless I stash away actually benjamins', I can't hide nothing. She watches all our cards and accounts almost everyday. One afternoon she called and asked me why I was eating at Arby's for lunch when we were supposed to be eating better. So needless to say I have to build up my stash to buy Christmas, birthday, and anniversary gifts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.