Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through the posts where people describe the vandalism that's happened to their Benz (here, and at benzworld.)

I own a Mercedes. I also own an HK. Perhaps I could use a transparent-backed HK bumper sticker of some sort to dissuade the lowlifes from touching my car? On the rear window? Something low profile... since I can envision the groans coming in from you all now.

Well?
J

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
HK? you mean Heckler and Koch, or Harmon Kardon?

·
3,053 Posts
Don't see how it would help.
me neither, except they might look through the inside of your car more carefully to try to find it.

thieves and idiots these days have no fear.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hot wire the door handles to the battery... :biglaugh:
Too many idiots running around these days, whatever happened to "respect" of others property???

·
3,053 Posts
Hot wire the door handles to the battery... :biglaugh:
Too many idiots running around these days, whatever happened to "respect" of others property???
And watch them crush your car with a baseball bat if they survive, and expect a hefty lawsuit from their family if you don't. They'll be sure to emphasize they weren't trying to steal your car, just checking to make sure it was locked for you, while ignoring their previous long history of GTAs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe you're all correct. There's probably nothing I can do to protect my vehicle except park in the safest spots possible.

·
3,053 Posts
Besides, if you really want to do it all the way, you should bolt an empty rifle mount somewhere visible, leave a couple shotgun shells laying around the dash, and an empty Jack Daniels bottle in the cupholder. post a note on the window saying 'BRB, please don't ticket, trying to catch some vermin'.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Besides, if you really want to do it all the way, you should bolt an empty rifle mount somewhere visible, leave a couple shotgun shells laying around the dash, and an empty Jack Daniels bottle in the cupholder. post a note on the window saying 'BRB, please don't ticket, trying to catch some vermin'.
Best idea yet, but add a dead rat strung from the shorty antenna for full effect!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I was younger and more stupid, I would occasionally put my pistol on the dash while driving. Also, when I was in the Air Force, I used a label maker to print an 'Exempt: Do not ticket' sticker, and adhered it to the back of my license. I never had an SP question that sticker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.