Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARGHHH :soap::soap::soap::soap::td::td::td::td::td::td::td:

I park, specifically with only one end facing a car, the other end backing into an alleyway. I go eat some really good icecream. I come back. This is what I see.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582351_10101290799619023_1211586_63904039_216535351_n.jpg

(you can see the "lowes" foglight also; I am replacing it with an OEM foglight surround to make it fit right)

This is incredibly annoying. I just got the bumper painted and put on. Seriously!!!

Well, I understand why, but I don't forgive them. "It looks expensive, so let's not leave a note..."

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nothing worse!!! "Hit and F**K OFF"

My passengers door has 4 dings in it, one pretty bad...keep wanting to get it done but I think, what's the point??? I truly believe that people see how nice these cars look and think..."I'll take the smile of his face"...DING!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
628 Posts
It is always irritating when something/someone nicks or dings the car and doesn't take responsibility. Empathy. Ya gotta let it go.

Die Gelbe Gefahr is old enough to have a healthy number of minor nicks and abrasions. Most serious of which is a scunge mark right in the middle of the driver's door.

Some day I'll have them taken care of, and then will dread the first new scrape again.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55
415 Posts
Part of the problem is that many of us really do view these cars as works of art and as such it really hurts when they are defaced. My only hope is that it is accidental and not done maliciously.

John "UK-C200" - was yours a "hit and run"?

Bob

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
That really chaps my arse! Though I'm not one of those people that park diagonally and take up two spaces I sure think about it from time to time. Instead, I'm just really careful and park in a more "inconvenient" spot where I have to walk a tad, I need the exercise anyway. Years ago when I was a much younger man my pride and joy was a Datsun 280Z. I went to a wedding reception and when I went to leave discovered that my beautiful car had been backed into and totally wiped out part of the bumper and my right front fender. Needless to say, I was crushed!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
John "UK-C200" - was yours a "hit and run"?

Bob
Hey Bob - of course - didn't leave a note or anything. Mixed blessing in my mind, I'd repaired the lower portion 3 or 4 times already, and had a new cover siting in the loft - was just happy I'd not already installed it! :p

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Sorry to learn about such incidnets.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm over it!!

Why? Today I drove 200 miles in the sun in beautiful scenery here in Seattle WA - through islands and bridges and ferries.

even got 20MPG. (Quite surprised given how often my foot was buried in the floor).

5 hours of driving, 10 hours of fun (eat, walk around parks, check out the bridge, photos...)

I'll go in and get it repainted and blended once I get back from SF.

Lame ass people who hit and run deserve none of my brain space!! :biglaugh:

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
Nothing worse!!! "Hit and F**K OFF"

My passengers door has 4 dings in it, one pretty bad...keep wanting to get it done but I think, what's the point??? I truly believe that people see how nice these cars look and think..."I'll take the smile of his face"...DING!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
The way a person opens the car door to get out or in speaks of his manners and temper. I have always tried to open the door carefully. My advice is to always try parking far from the other cars if that is possible.

Most women open the door like they own the world. My girlfriend is very careless too :)

And I thought that only in my country people can be so "impolite".

·
Registered
622 Posts
here here! I always try to park well away from other cars and it mazes me as even when I do like recently i parked quite a distance from all other cars, left the car totally on its own in the middle of the car park for a supermarket and when i came out a van had parked along side it, so close he must have had to squeeze out of the drivers door!

Seriously i was fuming, no indication her had touched mine with the van door but where on earth are there brains?, why make it hard for yourself indeed to get out of your own car, I had to drive off thinking and thats why he drives a van!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
here here! I always try to park well away from other cars and it mazes me as even when I do like recently i parked quite a distance from all other cars, left the car totally on its own in the middle of the car park for a supermarket and when i came out a van had parked along side it, so close he must have had to squeeze out of the drivers door!

Seriously i was fuming, no indication her had touched mine with the van door but where on earth are there brains?, why make it hard for yourself indeed to get out of your own car, I had to drive off thinking and thats why he drives a van!
This happens on this side of the pond too.

This may be a good topic for study for some college psychology research on human behaviour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.