Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my one week old car into the dealer today to have the steering wheel replaced (it had a cut in the leather upon delivery). On the way home a pickup truck passed me and threw a stone into the windshield causing a 5 inch crack. If not fixed quickly, it looks like the crack will continue to spread. Waiting for the MB dealer's glass subcontractor to call to schedule a windshield replacement.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Bummer is a good description of how I'd feel too. Still, it's a replaceable item so no long term damage..

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
Your state is one of the few that offers free windshield replacements if you have comprehensive coverage! Do you?

What states have free windshield replacement?

There are only a few states in the US that waive the deductible for windshield replacements or repairs as a part of comprehensive coverage. The states of Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts and South Carolina waive the deductible and thus are referred to by some as zero deductible states with regards to windshield claims. Thus without needing to pay a deductible you can call this a "free" windshield replacement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, USAA is replacing the windshield with an OEM windshield at zero deductible. Unfortunately, the glass company has to order it because no one has one in stock. Don't know how long that is going to take.

·
98,389 Posts
Great. did u also check other glass repair places safelite and glasspro?

·
98,389 Posts
oh and if you have the rain sensing option, make sure they bring a gelpack for the sensor. they always seem to forget that piece

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.