Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have search this forum and Google to find a answer with out success why my bulb out light indicator warning then using my low beam and high beam both lamps are OK (Xenon low beam OEM). All lamps seems to work and it's only low- and high beam that gives this warning (no error with parking lights on).

This gives NO warning:
Light switch off
Parking lights on
Brake lights
No other visible lights are out
No after markets lights or beams are used (no LED used)

This is what I have done:
Replaced both Xenon bulbs with new
I have checked the connections to head lamps and they looks OK.
I have cleaned head lights contacts with elektro cleaning

Any suggestions? If there is loose connections (else from head lamps) where do I find them?

·
*Registered
2000 SLK200K
409 Posts
How did the warning light appear? All of a sudden or after some repair on the car? Maybe you can clean the connectors for the leveling motors on the headlights. And does your lights go down and up after you turn on the low beams? There will be no movement on both sides even if one side's leveling connector is unplugged or loose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the car with bulb out warning. First I noticed the bulb out warning was on then pressing the brake. Cleaned right back lamp connector and that problem was solved, noticed after doing back lamp that there was a head lamp warning. Since this just appears on low/full beam and not on parking light it seems to me that it is related to the front light. I have also changed to a new battery since the old was bad.

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,774 Posts
Have a look at connections for corrosion when bulbs are removed.

Connection should be bright, shiny metal. If it's got a white coating then give a gentle rub with nylon sponge.

14 yr old cars suffer aging connectors.

·
*Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
522 Posts
I bought the car with bulb out warning. First I noticed the bulb out warning was on then pressing the brake.
That is a classic sign that the battery charge is low, or the battery is on its way out.
You say you have now fitted a new battery, is it fully charged and all the connections tight ? Checking these first could save you a lot of hassle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is a classic sign that the battery charge is low, or the battery is on its way out.
You say you have now fitted a new battery, is it fully charged and all the connections tight ? Checking these first could save you a lot of hassle.
Yes, the battery is new and fully charged.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.