Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Generally if it's intermittent it means that a bulb flickered or something and threw the error code. Mine does this sometimes too, then once I restart the car it goes away. I suspect it's one of the taillights since the bulb holder on one of mine is slightly melted.

Read through the taillight thread on this site for more info.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more re blake light indicator lit

Finally caught the little bugger----driver side rear brake light was the culprit BUT it is the holder with a burned contact.Thought MB had that fixed with my 98 model.
So, can I get a holder at any auto parts store or is it a $20 MB item?
A
fixed it temp with as bit of aluminum foil.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, MB performed the recall on mine too....But my "new improved" holder melted as well. MB won't do anything about it either. I fixed mine by cleaning up the contact really good and then putting a small amount of dialectical grease on it. So far so good.

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Hi All

Mine has the same problem ... usually when I start the car the indicator is off. After a while, comes back on. No broken bulbs I can find: but does anyone know the list of bulbs I should check?

Thanks,
Jonathan.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,526 Posts
The recall includes putting stickers in the owners manuals changing the type of lamps that go into the tail light assemblies.
Has anyone had that done?
You car read the entire bulletin here Tail light Recall

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I had the recall done a couple of years ago and did not see any stickers in the manual, guess they forgot. Not a big concern for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.