Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
I did all mine by hand , with bubble free carbon fibre sheets for less tha £10 , but you have to take eveything apart !

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
his link is to the aluminum brush and not the carbon fibre

·
10,745 Posts
Same work , different material ! Sheets of bubble free brushed aluminium are also available !

By the way , what pieces are included in the kit ? I can't see any parts list or diagram or photos ! Or is it because I'm on the ipad ?

·
94,192 Posts
I have cf also but the ones from slkstore. I'm lazy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys.
Curro, you did an amazing job. But I am not up for the task of taking everything apart and potentially ending up with parts not fitting back well. I am hoping that someone will reply with any ready-to-install options. Thank you,

·
10,745 Posts
I have cf also but the ones from slkstore. I'm lazy
Me too (like most men) , but I'm more poorer than I am lazy !!!

And then there's allways the satisfaction of doing it yourself , as long as it comes out right and doesn't look like a five year old did it ....

·
10,745 Posts
Thank you guys.
Curro, you did an amazing job. But I am not up for the task of taking everything apart and potentially ending up with parts not fitting back well. I am hoping that someone will reply with any ready-to-install options. Thank you,

Cheers !
I think JonB bought a set from these guys and was happy with the quality !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-SLK-R170-R171-170-171-INTERIOR-DASH-TRIM-KIT-/261081469683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc9ab12f3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way, my SLK 350 already has the brushed aluminum trim. But my main reason for trying to get a kit is to cover the radio/navigation system area and the middle consol that are showing scratches. But it looks like I will have to purchase the entire kits anyways with sections I do not need.

·
94,192 Posts
Curro, how much trouble was the handbrake?

·
10,745 Posts
Not much at all really , just a bit not getting creases on the tight curves ! Believe it or not the hardest part was the AC controls , removing the internal lighting system -one piece for all four dials !

Anyone else think that it's really daft Mercedes not selling the handbrake cover seperately , how daft is that ???

·
94,192 Posts
i know. you have to buy the whole handbrake assembly. idiots!

·
Registered
26 Posts
cutting out for buttons

I did all mine by hand , with bubble free carbon fibre sheets for less tha £10 , but you have to take eveything apart !

hi, how did you manage to cut around the small buttons on the comand. did you take the comand apart/remove the fascia ? thanks woozzle

·
10,745 Posts
Yes I totally dissasembled everything ( not as hard as it seems ) and cut out the wholes with a cutter / stanley knife / scalpel , the only part you can't remove is the clear display , but it has a slight recess , perfect for cutting round !

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I purchased a decent brushed aluminum (real metal) ket but I saw another kit that says their pieces have rounded over edges. Mine are die cut and you can see the underlying material. This other kit would appear to have a better finished appearance. I do not recall their website address but I think it would be worth searching for unless you want to take everything apart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts