1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Certainly seems to be better than a wheel brush I got (that was highly recommended--not here though IIRC) . Primarily sold for corvette wheels (?), it does a good job till you get to the calipers :surprise: Then no brush angle will get you past about the first 1.5" of the brush head.

I'd recommend AGAINST getting this brush (from West Coast Corvettes)

In regards to the "water-powered" brush mentioned, it seems good but I also read the "less than stellar" comments.

One in particular says that it's not as good as the videos make it out to be in that it "stalls". I suppose depending on whether you clean your rims once a year or once a day (hear that Jeff :wink:), it may or may not be up to your expectations. At $45CDN, it's somewhat pricey for something that would only get used once/week.

Just an observation but thanks for the idea that somethng like this exists :tu:.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Hope this isn't hijacking your thread but seeing as it's for rim cleaning, I thought I'd add it. Found some other brushes that are operated by (battery) power drills. Then saw this and wonder what thoughts are. Seems like no brainer (but with some of our rims having so many spokes, it may be more trouble than it's worth). You be da judge :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Vikan do a range of good value, quality alloy wheel cleaning brushes. I use one of their large pipe cleaning type brushes to get behind the caliper.

I also use the Kent micro fibre sponge with plastic handle for the inner face. Cheap but effective.

All available on ebay.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that it's not perfect and can 'stall' if you put too much force on it... it uses the torque of the water pressure so that also 'limits' the amount of revolutions per sec... I use it with a good quality wheel cleaner and combined with the water flow that makes the brush turn it seems to make a tough job a lot easier.

I have purchased and used multiple brushes over the years; yellow ones, blue ones (the one posted above), soft ones and even the 'pipe cleaner' sort... all of which do the job. This one removes a lot of the elbow grease... but, as always, if you keep your wheels relatively clean then whatever you use will do the job 😁

Cheers for the input 😎

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
I use it with a good quality wheel cleaner and combined with the water flow that makes the brush turn it seems to make a tough job a lot easier.

Cheers for the input 😎
MORE POWER is always good :tu: Anytime I can find a use for a(nother) power tool is a good day in my world :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts