Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 days ago I was having some issues with my passenger door latch. I would close the door and it would only latch on the first notch. So I had to push the door in by and or roll the window down. When i put my finger in the actual latch on the door, it was really loose. So I'm like something is definitely out of wack. So yesterday I went to the alignment shop to get my slk aligned because the steering wheel was off, as I was watching the do the alignment, he climbs up on the ladder and just rips my door open....I like ****, than come to find out when I take it for a test drive the door handle is broke...It feels like its always locked, when you try to open it nothing. So today I take it apart to try and see what's wrong, it broke inside. So I'm not even going to look at the other side. I'm going to buy two new door latches because these are 70% plastic and 30% metal. For it living in Florida most of its life, the plastic is so brittle. I think I will be better off buying it new for $130 a side rather than $80 on eBay for the same condition. Come Monday I will order two latches and a couple of adjustable suspension parts to complete the alignment.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
When you do the job take lots of picture for the folks who may the same problem some day. Start a thread in the R170 DIY section. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.