Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was a good days TV much to She who must be obeyed's annoyance :) Not over keen on all of it but when Plato is on form he is brilliant. He didnt seemed bothered during the last race though having won the first two

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Posh banger cars.. Some of the driving is rubbish. They just use the car in front as brakes. Not my favourite formula at all..

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
Nothing beats F1 but LMS comes very very close. (well for me anyway)

Multi21 :hb:

Reactions: GeeJay

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posh banger cars.. Some of the driving is rubbish. They just use the car in front as brakes. Not my favourite formula at all..
At least they compete and dont drive round in a procession. Its a much better spectator sport than single seater racing

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
At least they compete and dont drive round in a procession. Its a much better spectator sport than single seater racing
am not sure about that one Jon i have been to touring cars,Lms,F1,Bikes,fun cup events ect.

From trackside its still F1 for me , for some reason the TV just does not seam to be able to show F1 as it is i dont know why . still trying to get my head around it myself.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . for some reason the TV just does not seam to be able to show F1 as it is i dont know why . still trying to get my head around it myself.

I think the main reason is the noise. There is nothing like it.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
F1 cars are just so impressive in the flesh. At Silverstone I used to like standing at the end of the pit straight and watch the cars through Copse. Breathtaking. Then walk up to Becketts.... How do they get through there??? Finally, carry on down to Stowe and see the cars turn in at 200 mph flat.. Nothing else can do that, nothing.

Touring cars are just so pedestrian in comparison. They only reaason they can get away with running into each other all the time is because they are just tootling along. And the only reason they can follow closely is because the cars have no aerodynamic downforce, so the grip is pretty much unaffected by the car in front unless he throw a load of gravel on the circuit. Super Mario Kart mate....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts