Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I stumbled across this forum while googling about SLKs, and thought I'd join up and say howdy!

I'm a Brit who moved to Katy, Texas in 2007. I currently drive a 350 SLK which my husband bought for me for Christmas in '07 as I missed the one I drove in the UK so much!

My first SLK was the old 230. I'd been hankering after the beauty after seeing one in a restaurant car park in the early 2000s. It was my dream come true, and I loved that little car. The thing was it didn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, and after driving a Renault 5 GT Turbo prior to buying the SLK, I missed the instant power.

I've driven the 55 AMG and boy, that's got some poke! :tu:

I love lusting over the SLR 722, but that's never going to happen! In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying my 350 :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oo, thanks for the welcome Woolly and UK-C200 :)

I'll look forward to the incoming from JB! :biglaugh:

Where did you move from and to UK-C200?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,464 Posts
Here I is Woolly!!!!

Mandana,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at Arms

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! You really are a friendly lot! Thanks so much for the warm welcome :tu:

I've updated my user profile as politely asked. If I win the lottery I'd love to put "SLR" alongside the 'other toys' section!

Anyone got this weeks winning numbers to hand?! :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts