Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2017 AMG SLC43
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted these?

They do the correct sizes but don't come in the M0 rating

I don't want 2 sets of wheels and tyres and for the odd week of snow, it may be an option

As my treads are getting low, I was wondering if these could be an option?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
You need sticky tires for that AMG :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have also been looking at getting these. They seem to have been getting pretty good reviews. It got marked down by Autobild for its performance in snow, which resulted in them rating it last place. But they are in Germany where I guess snow performance is a lot more important than here in the UK where we don't get as much snow. It came out on top in a few other areas. The snow performance was still a whole lot better than the summer tyre, and not all that much worse than the best performing tyre.

Have a look at the results here: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-Auto-Bild-All-Season-Tyre-Test.htm.

The best price I could find (fully fitted) was through tyresavings.com

Halfords are the same price but only seem to have the sizes for the front wheels on their website. They have an offer on Bridgestone tyres where you can get a £20 Sainsburys gift card when you buy 2 tyres. Shame they don't do the sizes for the rear as you could effectively save £40.

I've not pulled the trigger yet but I'm pretty sure I will end up getting these, seems like the best option for UK winters without having to get another set of tyres/wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts