1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The are TSW Bremma alloys
19 x 8.5 32 ET front
19 x 9.5 35 ET rear

These are a direct bolt on w/ no spacers.

They come w/ 3 OEM MB center caps (the 4th had a crack on one of the mounting legs so I will not sell it) and a complete set of correct lug bolts with matching lug socket.

These have been on both Don's (-1-) and my 55 for ~5K miles, they have some minor blemishes that can probably be rubbed or polished out. No major scratches or curb rash at all!!

$350 + shipping.

EDIT: Thanks to Don you'll get 4 center caps:Beer:

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)David, great price on the wheels. I have a extra center cap or two. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one.

·
Registered
512 Posts
$350 is a great price!!! These are gonna go quick!
good luck on the sale!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:)David, great price on the wheels. I have a extra center cap or two. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one.
Thanks Don, PM being sent.:tu:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Very tempting............ Just wish they were 18". More reasonably priced rubber on 18's

I'm sure they will find a good home!

W

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dltslk...can you show us what they looked like on your car?
Here's a so-so pic I can snag from the site now, I've got much better pics at home I'll post up tonight.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am interested in the rims. will they fit my 04 slk 320 and are you will to ship them to Toronto Ontario.
I would think they would but not sure... any R170 guys have an answer??

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wheel specs

Hmm, not sure. I put 17" AMG III's with 37 F and 30 R offset and they seem to fit fine. Found a lot of resources listing 32 F and 35 R offset too, from what I was able to tell anything in the range of 30-37 would usually work. But that was for 17" wheels.

AlloyWheelsDirect.net and Mandrus have good information, could probably look up to see if same would apply to 19"

·
Registered
50 Posts
19s on a 170

I heard same concern from a tire and wheel dealer. But if Mandrus and others are selling them, they should probably fit.

Other thing I heard when researching my wheel and tire purchase is that it would result in a lot firmer ride. Strictly a matter of personal preference but be sure that is what you want. The 19's are definitely sharp looking though

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
So being in the unique position of driving a '350 with 17's, and 55 with 19's and a 55 with 18's back to back to back, I can say absolutely the larger the wheel, the "stiffer" the ride.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I can live with the 19's - I've put about 1.2k miles on the '55 with the 19's on it, and while you really feel the difference on rough roads, they are not as uncomfortable as I remembered them being. They also look damned good on the car, so...

I do have a backup plan in the form of a set of 18 030 rims I can pop on one of the cars - just need to get some rubber wrapped around them.

Tires also make a difference - I've gone from PZero Rosso's on the '55 UK side with Conti 3's, and they are a load more comfortable - and loads less noisy - the the PZero's were. I've got a good sheep chase in my near future, so I'll see if the performance is close to the same.

(Key - Black 350 is on 17's, Firemist '55 is on 19's, Jasper '55 is on 18's)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm cautiously optimistic that I can live with the 19's - I've put about 1.2k miles on the '55 with the 19's on it, and while you really feel the difference on rough roads, they are not as uncomfortable as I remembered them being. They also look damned good on the car, so...
The 19's are a stiff ride but since it's not my DD I don't mind at all. As for the look, the wifey never really fell for the Bremmas and really likes the OEMs so I said OK and put them back on and told her to stand back and look at the car. She immediately said..... we need 19" wheels!!! So the search began for new alloys and ended w/ the BEs on it.:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Yeah, well, it's at least one too many, even though the "not legal to drive yet" wife has claimed the '350! ;-)
:confused:Asset distribution? Smart move. Yes dear, the SLK 350 is better than two SLK 55s. Simple math, The higher the model number the better.:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.