Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
I am considering buying my fourth SLK in October this year.
I have exchanged a couple of emails with the dealer and I was told that "Unfortunately the "Factory Collection" program is no longer offered due to a change in insurance and tyre legislation in Germany". This sounds really odd to me and I don't believe it.
Has anyone done a personal collection recently?
Thanks

P

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
"Unfortunately the "Factory Collection" program is no longer offered due to a change in insurance and tyre legislation in Germany".
If that is true - there is a far worse message underlying that statement. It really means that whoever is currently managing M/B is managing the books - rather than managing the business - of producing and selling cars.

Letting Insurance Companies or the Government run your business - never leads to continued success. In todays world - it is very hard to win new customers, so retaining loyal customers has to be a very high priority.

No this is not a good sign… makes you wonder what they will cut next.

Carl B.

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
They are talking that it is discontinued in England/GB

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Thanks for clearing it up, Jeff. Kinda stinks that we would have it available here (U.S. market), and they (U.K.) not have it available when they are basically right next door.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,653 Posts
If that is true - there is a far worse message underlying that statement. It really means that whoever is currently managing M/B is managing the books - rather than managing the business - of producing and selling cars.

Letting Insurance Companies or the Government run your business - never leads to continued success. In todays world - it is very hard to win new customers, so retaining loyal customers has to be a very high priority.

No this is not a good sign… makes you wonder what they will cut next.

Carl B.
The concept of customer retention being easier is so dead in the uk it's scary. Every year you have to revisit your insurances ( home, cars, personal ) power and gas contracts, telephones, bank accounts etc. if you don't they take advantage of you and crack up the rates well beyond inflation or reasonable rates.

I had not done so for a couple of years and a week or two ago changed several of my suppliers and saved over £700, not earth shattering but enough for a couple of tickets to Greece and a weeks sailing.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The concept of customer retention being easier is so dead in the uk it's scary. Every year you have to revisit your insurances ( home, cars, personal ) power and gas contracts, telephones, bank accounts etc. if you don't they take advantage of you and crack up the rates well beyond inflation or reasonable rates.

I had not done so for a couple of years and a week or two ago changed several of my suppliers and saved over £700, not earth shattering but enough for a couple of tickets to Greece and a weeks sailing.
I had the same problem with my internet supplier. "would you like faster internet for 40 pounds?" I am already paying 40 quid! "ok bye " LOL

I must say that the withdrawal of the personal collection for the UK market hurts more!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hi everybody!
I am considering buying my fourth SLK in October this year .. .. ..
Paulo, nice to see you back here :tu:

- 4th??? What was the matter with the first three?? I (briefly ) had an R170, soon got shot, and did a 'factory pickup' of my R171 in Nov 2004. I can't see any reason to change it - and, it's nearly got 14000 miles on it now!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

- 4th??? What was the matter with the first three?? I (briefly ) had an R170, soon got shot, and did a 'factory pickup' of my R171 in Nov 2004. I can't see any reason to change it - and, it's nearly got 14000 miles on it now!!
woolly! How are you ?
When the time comes to change I look at other cars and I can't see anything better than an SLK !
But the lazy customer service offered by MB is pushing me away this time .... We will see.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts

14,000?!? You need to pace yourself, my friend. :D

Well, our British/UK members should pick up pen/email and contact MB and tell them they are NOT pleased with this. Make a racket...
Well, you know what they say...The squeeky wheel gets the grease. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts