Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scouring the internet for brakes and rotors for my car. Just wanted to check and see if you guys thought this "package" off eBay was a good deal for Brembo brakes and rotors? My budget is always tight and I always like to keep any extra pennies I can, but I'm tired of looking for the "best" deal I can possibly find and ready to bite the bullet and just make a purchase.

New Mercedes W124 Set of 2 Rear and 2 Front Disc Brake Rotors Brembo | eBay

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got an email from the eBay seller saying that his listing is for a 2-pin rear pad caliper (their picture is clearly for a 1-pin). He's going to look and see if he can find the 1-pins for me...it will be interesting to see what the price difference will be.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,075 Posts
Trouble is buying disc on line is if they warp .
You have to send back at your expense .
And then prooving there warped and will they send new ones out etc etc
And who pays for the extra postage .......

And are they still on line selling still ?

Buy from a shop thats established i say . :grin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trouble is buying disc on line is if they warp .
You have to send back at your expense .
And then prooving there warped and will they send new ones out etc etc
And who pays for the extra postage .......

And are they still on line selling still ?

Buy from a shop thats established i say . :grin:

I know buying offline is a risk. But then again I have been known to be quite the (reasonable) risk taker :grin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received a shipment notification on these parts without hearing back from the seller that he had found the correct ones. So I shot him a quick message to find out what was going on. Here's his reply (I get tickled that he always responds "Dear Sir" even though I've signed my messages "Ashley" haha!:

Dear Sir,

After a series of thorough checks we determined that these parts should fityour vehicle too as they are, so we proceeded with shipping the items as you'veordered them.

If problems arise (they shouldn't) do not hesitate tocontact us and ​we'll cover everything includingreturn shipping, eventual exchanges etc.

Best regards,
Otis

OnThu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:00 PM, eBay Member: 2_big_red_dogs <<emailaddress removed per ebay policy>>

If they get here and don't fit, and they keep to their word and cover the return, etc. then I'd say this seller is alright in my book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.