Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

A nunber of people are advertising on Ebay a SCN coding programming Service both in USA & UK. :wink:

An Example is -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-online-account-for-do-online-SCN-coding-programming-/222558146124

They only provide MB online account service,they don't provide online programming and scn coding serivice that means you need Xentry/DAS to complete the procedure

However this seems a Breakthru in SCN CODING.

The cost of towing to a dealer just for coding would probably pay for the best part of an Xentry/DAS software pack ($15 £12) & a ODIS V4.3.3 VAS 5054A Full Chip with OKI Bluetooth Code Scanner Diagnostic Tool SET ($80 £60) presuming you have a Portable PC.
:grin:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
Shall i remove your thread then or no?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah, he added the part about being able to SCN code with the Ebay software code. Could possibly merge his first post in to that one so all the info is in the same spot.

Ixion - good to know. Let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, now 2 persons confirm that scn coding is possible via vas5054, personally, I didn't try.
If this is the case then is amazing.
Well, I've been trying to line up coding for my conductor plate install with little success. However, I do have the adapter, a laptop, and a new OE MB conductor plate. I also have my Internet back.

Perhaps it's time to get moving on this an then try doing it?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, now 2 persons confirm that scn coding is possible via vas5054, personally, I didn't try.
If this is the case then is amazing.
Has the voltage issue been addressed ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd like to watch this if at all possible!
Tickets are $20 USD each and popcorn is extra :wink:

Once I get a handle on it I'll be happy to help. Right now it looks like the voltage issue may be hardware or software related. Usually I can handle both if I can get some more info on the issue.

My guess is I will need an account for access to MB. the crappy thing is that it looks like you can rent the software from MB for 110 EU per year with 7 EU for one day access to them for SCN/coding. It looks like this is their solution for aftermarket shops. I'm game for that but..... I'm in Canada and it does not look like they offer the same service here......

If they did, I'd be in there like swimwear!

Update: I sent MB Europe an email and hopefully I'll hear back with something useful for USA/Canada shops....

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Tickets are $20 USD each and popcorn is extra :wink:

Once I get a handle on it I'll be happy to help. Right now it looks like the voltage issue may be hardware or software related. Usually I can handle both if I can get some more info on the issue.

My guess is I will need an account for access to MB. the crappy thing is that it looks like you can rent the software from MB for 110 EU per year with 7 EU for one day access to them for SCN/coding. It looks like this is their solution for aftermarket shops. I'm game for that but..... I'm in Canada and it does not look like they offer the same service here......

If they did, I'd be in there like swimwear!

Update: I sent MB Europe an email and hopefully I'll hear back with something useful for USA/Canada shops....
Hi, can you please post the place where you found the ability to rent SCN services from MB Europe?
I found similar services on eBay as well, just not MB. Thx!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi, can you please post the place where you found the ability to rent SCN services from MB Europe?
I found similar services on eBay as well, just not MB. Thx!
I can't recall anymore but it was the European portal. Take note though that the data I found was quite stale. The prices were a lot higher than in the document I saw.

In the end I used one of the e-bay services, a fellow from Luthuania, and it worked out really well. Every module in the car is up to date and the SCN coding of the trans worked like a top.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts