Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY DUDES!

i got my 99 slk 230 a week ago and i have been looking at many of the posts made here, I finally thought i should join the community. The SLK was a gift to me from my dad, for working hard. :laugh: in grade 11 highschool in Canada, ON. i have my chemistry exam tomorrow lol and im chilling on the forums. THATS HOW EXCITED I AM. well the slk my dad got me is in fair condition the hard top is not functional The dumb %[email protected]# working on it clearly did not know what he was doing and made a mess. Thankfully my father gave birth to a mechanically inclined child LOl jk, i have been taking Auto in highschool for the past 3 semesters and i always had an interest for cars. so i will be definitely asking lots of questions regarding some of the issues i might run into, And also share my current knowledge about cars so far that i have collected :wink: but so far have only drove the slk three times since i got it around my street but im super excited to own one and even more excited to be with and hopefully represent this community of SLK PEOPLE :nerd: see your around guys exams end on flyday and i have a car meetup at my house with all my friends on the monday and ill have lots of pictures that ill see how this forum works and post them if i can.

Attachments

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,011 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p.s can any one show me if there is any rules regarding posting a reply or thread, looked the search bar but couldnt find anything thanks in advance, oh and also how to edit started threads if possible

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome FarheezySLK from Tampa Bay Florida! So who says hard work doesn't pay off?? Big congrats! Sure you'll hit those last hurdles with mega success!
What a sweet SLK you have there and a super dad to boot!
You'll find this forum a great place to learn with lots of super people!!
McSLK

·
105,011 Posts
I fixed your pics.
you just replied to your thread so what do you need to do?
rules are posted. no dirty words or pics.

·
105,011 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the car needs some work, first and for most the interior smells jk but it actully does abit planning to pull the seats, which are in really good condition the car has 40k miles. first thing i wana do actully is make the car ready for saftey, ive done a safety checklist before for a car in school, so im needing 2 indicator lights and the sockets for it, the driver side wiring is a mess for the lights and a couple other things that im unaware of as of now, but lights, the windshield has a small crack on it on the passenger side so that needs to be replaced.
and also there seems to be no horn. oh and a light for the rear passanger( i wana say its the day time running light but i think thats only the front, its the back brake light kinda thing when you have your lights switch to on ). after the safety part, the radio is the next step. i already ordered the radio removal tools, they will come in in like a month, free shipping. then its on to the main business which is the roof, the previous owner was already working on it, he had alot of the connectors disconected, so i decided to pull them all. also the under the headlight on both sides is like a hole, and it was FULL OF WATER and that got me really mad, the grommet was clogged, a couple of the connectors where swimming in there so im sure there are some electrical problems, also the trunk cylinder seems to have broken of the passenger side, other then that the hydraulics aspect of the hard top seem to be intact. well theres probably more, but i have only spend afew hours with the car, its parked at my old house, i just moved and also exam time so i cant chill there but yea looking forward to this car and all the slk community

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,225 Posts
Welcome from central Florida, USA!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
13,719 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

Reactions: FarheezySLK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome from Salt Lake City

I bought a 1999 230 SLK about a month ago. I have put more than a thousand miles on it, even though I did not drive it for more than a week because of the rain. Most of the mileage has come from driving nowhere in particular, just because it is so much fun to take the top off and drive. I hope you are able to get yours up and running soon.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Congratulations on the car and welcome to SLK World from Southern England.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,924 Posts
Hi, welcome from the North of Scotland. :smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.