Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody !

I recently replaced front brake pads. The box info says "made in Spain" eventhough i purchased those from official M.Benz dealer and questioned them about it they asured me of the originality of the product.
Though, since then the dust produced during friction leaves staborn stains on the aluminium wheels and if one allow it to remain there for say one or two weeks it will never go off. I dont know if steam even can remove the stains.

Has anyone some idea of what to do please?

Thank you all....CNC44

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Hey there.
Not sure how to get your rims clean at this point but maybe a new kind of pad would help you in the future.

I was hand washing my rims weekly, sometimes daily to keep the brake dust off.:mad:
I would drive it to work and wipe them down before going in to work. can you tell I hate dirty rims! LOL

I took a chance and ordered from a guy on ebay that said his pads leave very little dust.

Now I only hand wash my rims once a month, if that much.

I still wash the car a couple of times a week going thru the "no touch laser wash" and my rims clean up nicely.

I do not know this guy but I am very satisfied with the pads!

You can search the ebay seller by name... foreigncarpartsonline

here is some info... $70 and $5 shipping

Akebono EURO ceramic disc brake pads feature advanced ceramic friction material technology perfected by Akebono.
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) who have approved the Akebono European technology include Audi, Mercedes Benz, and Volkswagen.
These pads are an ultra premium upgrade to OEM supplied brake pads and are engineered for drivers
who want to maintain European pedal feel and improve vehicle control while minimizing the dark and difficult to remove brake dust.

The new EURO line delivers improved stopping power combined with unprecedented Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) control,
extended pad and rotor life and noticeable reduction of brake dust on todays open wheel designs.

Hope this helps,
SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...thanx again SLKman!
Well looks to me you are the "SLKman" indeed.
I am gonna start my research based on your guidelines. And the price looks right !
About brake sensors...the pad carbon inserts you purchased them through another source?

Regards....CNC44

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Same guy. They come with the pads for the same price.

Now, that price is just for the front pads.:)

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...And the price is for the front pads alone got it. Converting this into €uro makes 55.
It is not expensive either.
Thanx SLKman. It is nice to have people like you here.

kind regards...CNC44

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.