Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tazz: time to replace pads and well may as well upgrade the rotors as well :tazz:

so i am thinking EBC red pads and well be nice to get some EBC rotors as well but pricing to Australia is nuts ,,, has anyone tried the RDA rotors here in australia ???

if anyone could share their info or recommendations / combinations that would be great ...

lets stop a a bit better with a lot less dust ...

thank you for reading this, but more thanks you for your replies :Beer:

·
Registered
199 Posts
the rotors are pretty expensive mate?? where u gonna get them from??

remember how i was telling you i was after some new rotors and stuff, there were about 500-600 per front rotor (pre delivery).

so i decided to go on a holiday instead. Best Decision Ever!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
so i am thinking EBC red pads and well be nice to get some EBC rotors as well but pricing to Australia is nuts ,,, has anyone tried the RDA rotors here in australia ???
Haven't tried them, but I think I'd be going for the RDA7471D drilled and slotted for the fronts and RDA289D (drilled and slotted as well) on the rear: $215 postage inc for the fronts and $175 for the rears.

Unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket it doesn't make sense to import bulky parts like rotors from OS when there is an option to source locally.

As for pads, I've heard good things about the Akebono ceramics which can be had for a good price.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-S4KR1087-Stage-Signature/dp/B0084L4C2E/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

not sure of this link works , but this is the rear brake set up kit , front rotors are a stack more.. seen the RDA but not sure of quality as i had a set on a previous merc , they wore out and had to be replaced ... did not do that many miles in my mind to need replacing but they were on the thin side.. i still bought rdas them sold the car .. hence why i am looking at getting some decent rotors...

·
Registered
804 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-S4KR1087-Stage-Signature/dp/B0084L4C2E/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

not sure of this link works , but this is the rear brake set up kit , front rotors are a stack more.. seen the RDA but not sure of quality as i had a set on a previous merc , they wore out and had to be replaced ... did not do that many miles in my mind to need replacing but they were on the thin side.. i still bought rdas them sold the car .. hence why i am looking at getting some decent rotors...
$165 US for shipping! :td:

I hear what you're saying about rotors not lasting well, but these days they make them softer to provide a better braking experience and are considered to be a consumable. It's pretty much the norm to have to replace rotors at every second pad change.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:tazz: so decision made

EBC red pads from amazon front and rear, $210 AUS delivered
RDA slotted and drilled rotors local supplier , just waiting on quote :bannana:

:Beer: cheers BAC for your info and guidance once again
:rockon: FOXYBOY, amg ummm NOPE holiday looks better lol

hope every one s well

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:tazz: excited much , new brakes and rotors now on the car and will bed them in nicely over the next few weeks

once all settled will give them a burl ...

now we all know if something looks great then my car must go a 13% fatser , having slotted and drilled rotors front and rear , VAROOM :burnout:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Picture!!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Nice wheels, but a helluva job to keep clean. You don't need much dirt in the small bolt cavities, to get an unbalance and vibrations.

Like the calipers in same colour as the car itself.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ gork
i find i can just blast the wheels with the high pressure washer and it keeps them clean or 5 minutes with a rag and all done ...
as for the unbalance i understand what you mean , but i think because the wheel is in constant motion , then all dirt is spread out evenly so it never has been an issue ... well there was this one tie i went 4WD with the car eheheheh
As for callipers did not want to go red or yellow , luckily enough the colour is very similar to the car and just adds that bit of finesse , rather than leaving them the ugly original grey they were
hope all is well , thanks for the nice comments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts