Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Mercedes SLK 280 (2007) with SLK 55 bodykit and 18" wheels. I would like to change front and rear brake pads as well as to have bigger drilled brake discs. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

Luis

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Your profile says you have a 350.... ?

If you have a 280, with standard brakes (sliding caliper) as fitted to 16" rims? Then FWIW I think a fairly simple upgrade given that you know have 18" rims, would be to fit the 4-pot Brembo calipers and discs from a 350. Probably only need to do the fronts, the rears should IMO be good enough.

The rears aren't usually cross-drilled, though the 55 AMG may be (I try not to look at the 55's I get tired of wiping drool off my shirt :))..

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,611 Posts
Luis,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at Arms

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

Hard to say without more details on your set up, but generally bigger discs require different calipers. You already have 18" (OEM I presume?) wheels, so you could upgrade to SLK55 brakes if you wanted. I upgraded my 280 brakes to 350 brakes, but again I'm not sure what's included with the "55 body kit."

You can go to ATE
http://www.ate-na.com
to view OEM pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.