Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes has officially launched the recall campaign for replacement of the defective brake lights on all R170 models from 1998 to 2004.

I called my dealer today and they had already got my parts in stock and they are going on next Tuesday. I will let you guys know how it goes.

·
Founding Member 2002 SLK200K
22 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is this for all markets, that is, overseas as well?
Do you have a link to an official recall statement. The blokes down here will claim a lack of knowledge unless I walk with proof.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
22 Posts
Thanks etyu!
It says it's only applicable to models 1998-2000. Therefore it does not apply to my 2002. I guess they made improvements at that time. But if so, whay such a long delay before the recall?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
eKeith said:
Thanks etyu!
It says it's only applicable to models 1998-2000. Therefore it does not apply to my 2002. I guess they made improvements at that time. But if so, whay such a long delay before the recall?
My guess is politics and economics. I also don't know why it's limited only to those model years and specific vin numbers.

·
22 Posts
Thanks again.
I recently replaced one of my bulb sockets after a couple months of replacing its bulb. I'm sure it's just a matter of time for the next one...

·
Founding Member
14 Posts
eKeith said:
Thanks again.
I recently replaced one of my bulb sockets after a couple months of replacing its bulb. I'm sure it's just a matter of time for the next one...
Same problems here with 2003 slk, already replaced assembly, still has problems.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone heard anything about the recall in Canada? Also, I hope that they credit the peolpe (like myself) that have already paid for a new (albeit old style) brake light assembly.

·
Founding Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Recall Years

This recall affects ALL 170 chassis models. Its just that MB is phasing it in and taking care of the older ones first then they will start on the facefift versions later. But, sadly for you dudes outside of the USA, as far as I know, this only applies to vehicles in the USA. (MB had this sort of forced on them by the NHTSA)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.