Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brake discs

2K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  SoopRoop 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Im looking for some new brake discs and I have been in touch with MB Grangemouth who will sell me some MB ones for £75 a pair.
Euro car parts have a sale on at the moment and Brembo discs are down to £60 a pair.

what are your thoughts. I have MB pads installed and want to avoid that dreaded brake squeal.

Thanks in advance.
Adam

#2 ·
Never had a problem with EBC myself, D Series w/greenstuff pads ;)

#14 ·
I changed discs and pads all around earlier this year to these:

Front
Rear
I do have a tiny bit of squeak from somewhere. Can't pinpoint which corner/axel it is though. It usually goes away if I quickly lift off and then press down again.

I did miss put some copper paste ("anti squeak") when I put the pads in, so it MIGHT be that.. But those pads are VERY dusty! Four months and the wheels are COVERED in brake dust!

#16 ·

#23 ·
In regards to noise, not so much my SLK230 but my W204 C63 and AMG GT S are notorious for brake squeal. Both use two piece rotor and Brembo as OE.
Mercedes has a recommended Anti Squeal Paste 001989945112. Prior to my last brake service for those vehicles, i went to dealer to purchase some, he instead comp'ed me a couple of single use packets of MOC Quiet Brakes. Both Brembo boxed rotors/pad also came with Brembo B-Quiet treatment. I opted to use the Quiet Brake—three years on fo the C63 and a year for the AMG GT, they've both stayed squeal free.

#24 ·
In regards to noise, not so much my SLK230 but my W204 C63 and AMG GT S are notorious for brake squeal. Both use two piece rotor and Brembo as OE.
Mercedes has a recommended Anti Squeal Paste 001989945112. Prior to my last brake service for those vehicles, i went to dealer to purchase some, he instead comp'ed me a couple of single use packets of MOC Quiet Brakes. Both Brembo boxed rotors/pad also came with Brembo B-Quiet treatment. I opted to use the Quiet Brake—three years on fo the C63 and a year for the AMG GT, they've both stayed squeal free.
ok interesting, thank you mate. where about do you put the paste?

#33 ·
Question. - From the Brembo info link. there are 3 different compounds of pads. Ceramic, Organic, and semi-metallic. When you buy new pads, is the compound specified, on the box, or on the pads??? And are the original MB pads (For R171 55 with P030) organic? Ceramic? or semi-metallic? Thanks for any info.(y)

#36 ·
If you don't mind my chiming in... I've had EBC Redstuff (which they don't make any more, though you can get them on eBay/Amazon), and LOVE them! Best to have good rotors (I have drilled Brembo on front, w/ 4-pot OEM calipers), stainless lines, and high-temp brake fluid. I don't use my brakes much, anyway (nearly 68k miles on this set). Though, they've saved my butt many times on the street, and I pass everyone in the braking zones on the track. Moving up to Yellowstuff this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.