Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
*Registered
2001 SLK200K
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im looking for some new brake discs and I have been in touch with MB Grangemouth who will sell me some MB ones for £75 a pair.
Euro car parts have a sale on at the moment and Brembo discs are down to £60 a pair.

what are your thoughts. I have MB pads installed and want to avoid that dreaded brake squeal.

Thanks in advance.
Adam

·
Administrator (Canada)
20,917 Posts
Ive just tried to have a look but I'm getting a lot of American websites. Any idea as to where I can get them? Im UK Based

maybe

etc

·
*Registered
2001 SLK200K
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

maybe

etc
Legend, Thank you <3

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
1,122 Posts
I changed discs and pads all around earlier this year to these:

Front
Rear
I do have a tiny bit of squeak from somewhere. Can't pinpoint which corner/axel it is though. It usually goes away if I quickly lift off and then press down again.

I did miss put some copper paste ("anti squeak") when I put the pads in, so it MIGHT be that.. But those pads are VERY dusty! Four months and the wheels are COVERED in brake dust!

·
*Registered
2001 SLK200K
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I changed discs and pads all around earlier this year to these:

Front
Rear
I do have a tiny bit of squeak from somewhere. Can't pinpoint which corner/axel it is though. It usually goes away if I quickly lift off and then press down again.

I did miss put some copper paste ("anti squeak") when I put the pads in, so it MIGHT be that.. But those pads are VERY dusty! Four months and the wheels are COVERED in brake dust!
hmm ok thank you mate 🖤

·
Founding Member 2006
109,617 Posts

·
*Registered
2001 SLK200K
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you and nice looking car mate!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts